WHO TOWS WITH THEIR SC??

CHRISG82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JUST BOUGHT A BOAT IM GOING TO BE TAKING A FEW TRIPS WITH IT NEXT YEAR,WAS THINKING ABOUT USING MY 05 SC TO TOW IT IT HAS 28K ON IT.THE BOAT IS 16FT. TOTAL PACKAGE WIEGHS ABOUT ,1800 LBS

Should tow fine... Dont beat on the truck while towing of course as the clutch is the weak point. Ive towed about 7k of tree debris before but wouldnt advise anything that heavy on a regular basis... But 2k and under should be fine

I tow with mine every once in awhile. Luckily the ramp is less than a mile from where i store the boat. Just be careful with the clutch. Dont be punching it up the ramp, or at every red light. Also, on mine, airbags in the back probably wouldnt hurt.

20ft Lake and Bay with a 225 Mariner :D

I tried to tow this: and it towed just fine. your little boat might not even be noticeable behind you.
P4270002.jpg

did you mean RC? or S/C?

Last edited:
If you're asking about towing with a supercharged engine... I did but be careful. Engine temp would rise noticeably faster than normal under acceleration, even though I wasn't pushing it.

Mine is a QC but stock I towed my brother's mustang on a trailer (~6,000 lbs) and a 23' Mastercraft ski boat (~6500 lbs). Neither was a strain on a stock truck.

i've been towing with mine since i bought it...

drive civilly, and you'll be fine...my trailer weighs about 3500#....and it's a semi monthly/weekly basis since day one;)

Ive towed two SRT-10 Rams with mine (not at the same time lol) on a 22' steel trailer, just use common sense and drive carefully. Trailer brakes and helper air bags are a must on a heavy load. With 1800#'s you wont even know its back there.
Justin

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back