Whoops....Please help

Need for Speed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I was prying the little Ram emblem out of my steering wheel to replace it with one of Steve's Viper emblems, very carefully. Or so I thought, now the horn won't stop honking loud and steady. I used a small screwdriver and just pryed up and out. I pulled the fuse, and am waiting to hear if any of you can offer fix it tips before I have to take it to the Dodge Dealer. Yeah, Yeah....it was stupid I know...so I will say it before anyone else gets a chance!!:D

thats not good.... well Um i think you are better off just ordering yourself a new airbag off ebay. Very simple to install. post up here and I will guide you right thru it..

Also I want to mention now, although the prying off the emblem is the quicker way to remove it there is an alternative.

If you removed the air bag from the steering wheel and then unbolt the air bag igniter assembly from the cover you can gain access to the three washer clips that hold on the emblem. once you remove these three clips the emblem falls out easily and cleanly without damaging anything.

FerrariTruck said:
thats not good.... well Um i think you are better off just ordering yourself a new airbag off ebay. Very simple to install. post up here and I will guide you right thru it..

Also I want to mention now, although the prying off the emblem is the quicker way to remove it there is an alternative.

If you removed the air bag from the steering wheel and then unbolt the air bag igniter assembly from the cover you can gain access to the three washer clips that hold on the emblem. once you remove these three clips the emblem falls out easily and cleanly without damaging anything.

Wow..so no quick fix...that sucks...:(

Need for Speed said:
Wow..so no quick fix...that sucks...:(

well the horn contact switch is like 2 flat pieces foil that when pressed to gether activate the horn.

I know how hard you have to pull to yank the emblem so it is likely that those tore and are now causing a connection

FerrariTruck said:
well the horn contact switch is like 2 flat pieces foil that when pressed to gether activate the horn.

I know how hard you have to pull to yank the emblem so it is likely that those tore and are now causing a connection
Or else he used something as a fulcrum under the pry tool and crushed them together so that they won't disconnect.

FerrariTruck said:

Ok, pulled it all off and see what I did...the switch is damaged as you said. But I stil can not get to the backside of the emblem because of the switch. Think I will just leave it alone after I get a new airbag. Too bad I just can't buy the cover and switch assembly. Thanks for the advice.

mauiSRT/10 said:
At least the airbag didnt go off and break your jaw or something hidious!

patrick

LOL...I disconnected the battery so I was quite surprised when I hooked the terminal back up with my head under the hood...

You could do what I did and buy an actual Viper emblem from a Viper car that actually goes on the steering wheel. It comes with tabs and all you do is put it ontop of the Dodge emblem. You cant tell the emblem is there. The tabs just slide under the factory dodge head and voila, you have an emblem!!!

Another thing that can be done is make a small slit under the emblem to pull the fist tab out. Then you use the hole to get the other emblem holders out. Then you just 2-side-tape your new emblem on and voila!!!

5_0_BAIT said:
You could do what I did and buy an actual Viper emblem from a Viper car that actually goes on the steering wheel. It comes with tabs and all you do is put it ontop of the Dodge emblem. You cant tell the emblem is there. The tabs just slide under the factory dodge head and voila, you have an emblem!!!

Do you have a pic?

This might seem like a newb question, but where could I find a few of the Viper emblems or "fangs" emblems. I keep seeing them in pictures and whatnot but I dont know where to go to buy some. I would like to take the Dodge emblem off the grille and put the snake in there. And maybe the tailgate?
Thanks Ahead of time!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back