Who's it gonna be?

McCain should have chosen Powell.. That would have trown the Obama suporters off track. I think he just gave it away making his current choice.. Plus Obama is up everywhere.. Kind'a eerie like having Saddam's picture up everywhere... I am really disappointed with election choices this time around.. Like last time.. And the time before..

Venom Power said:
McCain should have chosen Powell.. That would have trown the Obama suporters off track. I think he just gave it away making his current choice.. Plus Obama is up everywhere.. Kind'a eerie like having Saddam's picture up everywhere... I am really disappointed with election choices this time around.. Like last time.. And the time before..

The best and brightest are too smart to run for the Highest Office...... Hence, Colin Powell has said (many times) he WILL NOT run. It truly saddens me, as I would vote for him in a split-second. :(

TREKER said:
Interesting pick... She will get the womans vote for sure. Look how Ferraro didnt help much. She was a lot different but still a woman.

Experience will be an issue for sure. Cancels out anything about BO in-experience. Also with McCants age, if something happened to him we would have a 2 yr governor woman as president... :eek:
Don't know if the female vote can be counted on since she's a harden pro-lifer which may fly in the face of pro-choice advocates. What it does is shore up where McCain was weak by appealing to conservatives which may have been on the fence about McCain. NRA membership helps as well. She may also be the candidate with the least track record for Dems to poke holes at, beyond the brevity of her record.

Interesting pick, but high risk. I like that she is young. I like that she has some executive experience. I worry that it is thought that she will pull some of the Hillary voters, I think that is dead wrong.

I wish she would have said "I am looking forward to serving "under" John McCain...that would have been a great line...but she said along side...too bad.

Things are getting really interesting and fun.

McCain picking a women VP. It will be interesting to see how this pan's out.

I must be sick...I agree with MGPillbox...sorry, I have to get to my therapist, quick.

I think this is a brilliant chess move! It certainly has stolen some of the thunder from Obama's nomination acceptance and got McCain back in the news. I like this choice for many of the same reasons some of you are saying it is a bad choice; new to the scene, small town roots, etc. I also like that she has gone after corruption in her own party and actually worked for a living. Also, I have to think she will draw some women voters, not the hard core liberals but there were a few women supporting Hilary simply because of gender. I was on the bubble but now I'm leaning heavy towards McCain. I still need time to learn more about her but my initial reaction is positive.

KRAZYSRT10 said:
McCain... survived a rocket into his plane on the flight deck of the Forrestal...

My neighbor, a retired navy fighter pilot, says McCain screwed the pooch and caused that missile to be fired. It was something about throttling up his engine at the wrong time as a joke and hitting the plane behind him with jet blast causing the launch. Some of you would know more about the mechanics of it all than me. My neighbor said McCain was immediately transferred out of the unit because no one else there wanted to fly with him after that.

OCBob said:
...but you can bet that the Dems are going to play the game of asking "would you want her to be president when/if something happens to McCain"? If they don't they would be complete idiots. And I have a feeling a lot of folks would answer no to that question.

It's a weird choice. But politics is a weird game.

Valid point, Bob. But, I have been asking myself the same question about Obama, would I want him to be president if...oh wait there would be no if, he would be president. ;) You're right, it's a weird game and I think it just got a lot more interesting.

OCBob said:
But would you vote for her for president? The difference between running Alaska and running the country is like running a 7-11 and being CEO of Walmart.

IMO I think it's a mistake. I guess we'll know for sure come November, but if I had to wager I think we will see a drop in McCain's numbers. Seems like a stunt to me to be honest.
Nobody out of Anchorage has heard of this twit hahahaha...She was not even on the radar screen on the Republican watch dog list is how irrelevant a pick she is....simple political pandering to the lowest common denominator....what a joke. Remember a heartbeat away from the Presidency and I am sure all the Eskimos are tickled to death and eating extra seal tonight in her honor :D

Over on VA they say she was once Ms. Alaska.:)

1903451448_635a36aed2_o.jpg

Hamrhead said:
Over on VA they say she was once Ms. Alaska.:)

1903451448_635a36aed2_o.jpg
On second thought, I don't think it was Ms. Alaska, but it was some beauty pageant she one up there. :dontknow:

TheSickness said:
Nobody out of Anchorage has heard of this twit hahahaha...She was not even on the radar screen on the Republican watch dog list is how irrelevant a pick she is....simple political pandering to the lowest common denominator....what a joke. Remember a heartbeat away from the Presidency and I am sure all the Eskimos are tickled to death and eating extra seal tonight in her honor :D

She is known by people in "the know".... NOT what folks broadcast on the liberal media channels........

Governor Palin is chair of the Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission, a multi-state government agency that promotes the conservation and efficient recovery of domestic oil and natural gas resources while protecting health, safety and the environment. She was recently named chair of the National Governors Association (NGA) Natural Resources Committee, which is charged with pursuing legislation to ensure state needs are considered as federal policy is formulated in the areas of agriculture, energy, environmental protection and natural resource management. Prior to being named to this position, she served as co-chair of this committee.

Prior to her election as governor, Palin served two terms on the Wasilla City Council and two terms as the mayor/manager of Wasilla. During her tenure, she reduced property tax levels while increasing services and made Wasilla a business friendly environment, drawing in new industry. She has served as chair of the Alaska Conservation Commission, which regulates Alaska's most valuable non-renewable resources: oil and gas. She was elected by her peers to serve as president of the Alaska Conference of Mayors. In this role, she worked with local, state and federal officials to promote solutions to the needs of Alaska's communities.

Big Asp said:
My neighbor, a retired navy fighter pilot, says McCain screwed the pooch and caused that missile to be fired. It was something about throttling up his engine at the wrong time as a joke and hitting the plane behind him with jet blast causing the launch. Some of you would know more about the mechanics of it all than me. My neighbor said McCain was immediately transferred out of the unit because no one else there wanted to fly with him after that.

It was a "huffer" blowing hot exhaust on a "zunni" rocket attached to McCains jet that set off the explosion...McCains jet was sitting on the deck with the canopy up if I remember correctly...it's well documented because the Navy now fights fires differently because of the Forrestal.

Tell your neighbor he's an idiot for listening to "messdeck rumors"!!!! Never can trust them stupid azz pilots!! Trust me, I know!!;)

Black1 said:
She is known by people in "the know".... NOT what folks broadcast on the liberal media channels........

Governor Palin is chair of the Interstate Oil and Gas Compact Commission, a multi-state government agency that promotes the conservation and efficient recovery of domestic oil and natural gas resources while protecting health, safety and the environment. She was recently named chair of the National Governors Association (NGA) Natural Resources Committee, which is charged with pursuing legislation to ensure state needs are considered as federal policy is formulated in the areas of agriculture, energy, environmental protection and natural resource management. Prior to being named to this position, she served as co-chair of this committee.

Prior to her election as governor, Palin served two terms on the Wasilla City Council and two terms as the mayor/manager of Wasilla. During her tenure, she reduced property tax levels while increasing services and made Wasilla a business friendly environment, drawing in new industry. She has served as chair of the Alaska Conservation Commission, which regulates Alaska's most valuable non-renewable resources: oil and gas. She was elected by her peers to serve as president of the Alaska Conference of Mayors. In this role, she worked with local, state and federal officials to promote solutions to the needs of Alaska's communities.
They should " Know " their choice was a fatal move then ;) :marchmellow:

Kris is correct...saw a documentary on it last night. John did have to exit his aircraft through a wall of flames, and then as he turned to try to help a crew member, a bomb went off and you can see in the film how terrible the situation was.

Prof said:
Kris is correct...saw a documentary on it last night. John did have to exit his aircraft through a wall of flames, and then as he turned to try to help a crew member, a bomb went off and you can see in the film how terrible the situation was.

:D:D:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back