Wider tires?

GotRidOfTheHemiForThis

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else seen the new pirelli tires 405/25/ZR24 possible traction mod?
Ive looked everywhere and cannot find out info besides in my magazine.
Apparently they were out at the 2007 sema show. These are pictured in sports truck magazine the march 08 issue page 120 under the 21 new products for 2008, these are our pirelli tires basically just really wide almost like slicks! There may be some frame pinching to fit perfect but still near stock tires that could be for racing thought it was interesting. I for the life of me cannot find a pick anywhere online hopefully someone on here has better luck than me.

Where can we get these tires? I would be interested considering I just got my staggered set of wheels. The rears are 24x11. Do you think they would mount on my wheels?

24x11" wheel, 16" wide tire. Do the math.

From what I caught in a magazine, these are the widest DOT production tire on the planet. Not yet available anywhere I can find.

BriteCrawler said:
24x11" wheel, 16" wide tire. Do the math.

From what I caught in a magazine, these are the widest DOT production tire on the planet. Not yet available anywhere I can find.
Not even close.
The mickey Thompson tires I have on order are the 33 X 22 X 20 rims. They have a contact patch of 17.8". They fit on 20 X 16 rims.

I don't know,but I saw a nice set of 325-40-22 Coopers that looked like they might aid in the traction dept !!!!:rock: :rock:

If the 390 M&H tire fits on a 17x10 wheel, why wouldn't this tire work on my 24x11 rim?

6pakattack said:
I don't know,but I saw a nice set of 325-40-22 Coopers that looked like they might aid in the traction dept !!!!:rock: :rock:

the tires you said would only make it .4 inches wider and almost one inch taller.. here is the math Result:
325/40/22 = 32.2x12.8/22

tinygiants said:
Not even close.
The mickey Thompson tires I have on order are the 33 X 22 X 20 rims. They have a contact patch of 17.8". They fit on 20 X 16 rims.

Corrected, like I said, it's what I read in a magazine.

It looks like their qualifier is that this tire is load rated and speed rated for single dually application.

405 25 24.

If the 390 M&H tire fits on a 17x10 wheel, why wouldn't this tire work on my 24x11 rim?

Sidewall flex. I seriously doubt it. But maybe.

blackviper said:
Has anyone done anymore research on these tires?

Tried like hell to find out anything on them besides the article picture and small caption but nothing nada not anything can be found even on the pirelli site.:dontknow: Was hoping one of the wonderful members on here could find something:D .

I have 11 inch rims, 345 is the widest that would fit on these rims. I have 325's and they rub just a little when she bottoms out.

405's on an 11 inch rim is out of the question.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back