Wife wanting a divorce while I'm deployed

One thing I hadn't considering doing until Caveman mentioned it to me in a PM was looking to maybe find another career. Right now it would be tough, both financially and contractually. Basically, unless the Army gives lets me go with no strings attached, I am contractually signed up for 11 years. If I got out right this second, I would have to pay back my college, which would be about 100k since I went to a private school. It's not something I can do now or even in 2 years, but even 4 years from now or 6 is still less than 11. I messaged my wife and raised the idea to her, I'll see what she says, if anything. Right now she isn't really talking to me, but I'll hope for the best. I love the Army, it's all I've known since I was 17, but leaving home and being alone was easy when I was single and had no obligations other than myself. Now my number 1 obligation is my wife.

This sounds like what I just heard from my other friend. but she told him she cheated.

She cheated in a way that would result in her being dead, she screwed some guy in her husbands SUV with their kid in the back ???????? WTF talk about mommy of the year award.

Must be something in the air, I keep hearing about cheating, married people splitting up. Makes me sick to be honest. I hope you can get through all of this buddy. I know it sucks, and being away from home just throws a wrench in everything.

... , but thats 33 years ago , woman are not the same anymore these days...
33 years ago , a woman need a man , now they think that men need woman.

lots of men are too soft , and woman take advantage of that.

a real man comes home with hunger , not with flowers...:D

ditto ! :rock:

Last night I called my wife, first time we had talked since Christmas Eve. I had a gut feeling that this would be the conversation that would either finish us or bring us back together and ultimately it finished us. She is gone, she is mentally gone, emotionally gone. To hear the quit in her voice, the lack of care or giving a shit, it's over. She not only doesn't forgive me, she made it abundantly clear that she WILL NOT forgive me. Quitting or giving up is not something that is easy for me to, in fact it's painfully difficult for me to give up on something, particularly something I love, but we are finished. I tried as hard as I can, put up with a lot of her shit, dealt with her twice in 2 months telling me she wanted a divorce while I'm deployed. I can't continue subjecting myself to her crap. So we agreed to terms last night. We were going to have a real wedding ceremony when I got back and I had already paid $2350 towards the wedding. I got the wedding venue to refund the full 2350. The terms her and I agreed to is that she gets to keep the $2350 and she takes over the loan for the car I got her back in July. In the end I come out ahead in this deal because I get to rid myself of 8k in car debt plus insurance. It's like when a sports team cuts a player and pays them a buyout but then saves substantially more money in the long run, I see it as the same kind of thing, so it's better for me to give her the cash and let her take the debt. All she wants is the car, she's getting it, I'm filing the legal separation paperwork today. Luckily for me the paralegal for my battalion sits right behind me, so he hooked me up with the forms and the military lawyer will type up the separation and I'll sign and they'll notarize it, then mail it to my wife, she'll do the same and file it with the court and then it will be a clean break. That's really all I could ask for is a clean break.

Last night I called my wife, first time we had talked since Christmas Eve. I had a gut feeling that this would be the conversation that would either finish us or bring us back together and ultimately it finished us. She is gone, she is mentally gone, emotionally gone. To hear the quit in her voice, the lack of care or giving a shit, it's over. She not only doesn't forgive me, she made it abundantly clear that she WILL NOT forgive me. Quitting or giving up is not something that is easy for me to, in fact it's painfully difficult for me to give up on something, particularly something I love, but we are finished. I tried as hard as I can, put up with a lot of her shit, dealt with her twice in 2 months telling me she wanted a divorce while I'm deployed. I can't continue subjecting myself to her crap. So we agreed to terms last night. We were going to have a real wedding ceremony when I got back and I had already paid $2350 towards the wedding. I got the wedding venue to refund the full 2350. The terms her and I agreed to is that she gets to keep the $2350 and she takes over the loan for the car I got her back in July. In the end I come out ahead in this deal because I get to rid myself of 8k in car debt plus insurance. It's like when a sports team cuts a player and pays them a buyout but then saves substantially more money in the long run, I see it as the same kind of thing, so it's better for me to give her the cash and let her take the debt. All she wants is the car, she's getting it, I'm filing the legal separation paperwork today. Luckily for me the paralegal for my battalion sits right behind me, so he hooked me up with the forms and the military lawyer will type up the separation and I'll sign and they'll notarize it, then mail it to my wife, she'll do the same and file it with the court and then it will be a clean break. That's really all I could ask for is a clean break.
Sorry to hear you couldnt work things out but im glad this was easy for you

Sorry to hear this, divorce is a horrible thing, especially when you have a woman that refuses to attempt to work on your issues to save the vows you both made in the beginning...There are over 6 billion people in the world, let her go brotha, she's just making room for something better to come into your life...

Thanks guys, very much appreciate it. So is it bad that I'm coping by shopping for truck parts?

Thanks guys, very much appreciate it.:rock::burnout: So is it bad that I'm coping by shopping for truck parts?:burnout::rock:

not at all:rock::rock::driver::burnout::burnout:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back