Wing quick disconnect

skidkid

Reaction score
has anyone ever figured out a way to take the wing off easily? Every time I try to use the bed of the truck it makes me crazy?

Right now I just use a socket attachment for my drill to take the bolts out fast. I thought about doing a quick disconnect system for it. Just haven't been able to figure out a good way to do it. The problem is the way the wing slides forward on the rear post first, I can't think of a way to add a quick release bolt to the front.

Wait, it takes 3 minutes.....

:dontknow:

You could possibly look at doing a pin release style setup but pins (albeit strong) usually have a little (or a lot) of variation and movement. The wing is useful on these trucks (unlike most "performance" cars) so that won't be a good thing having it loose.

At high speeds with a loose wing, well, it'd be one way to remove it "quick release" style hahaha. :p If I were looking at doing it, that's what I'd do anyhow, pin release, maybe drill out the OEM bolts and slide some pins in there, straight through the bed and then secure it with some nice solid pins.

2c

Maybe you could use something like the quick lock as used on racing bicycle axles. You just pre-fix them as a screw and then bend them over as a final lock.
Hopefully you understand what i mean.

All the best

Arne

It only "looks" like a truck! :confused: The only thing i carry in the back is a bottle of Nitrous!! :D

It only "looks" like a truck! :confused: The only thing i carry in the back is a bottle of Nitrous!! :D

I have hauled a retaining wall, home heating oil tank, (4) 55 gallon drums and numerous other things. If I didn't need the bed, I'd have a Viper. :D

I have hauled a retaining wall, home heating oil tank, (4) 55 gallon drums and numerous other things. If I didn't need the bed, I'd have a Viper. :D

EXACTLY! Mine has to earn it's keep by hauling things (other than ass) from time to time.

Maybe you could use something like the quick lock as used on racing bicycle axles. You just pre-fix them as a screw and then bend them over as a final lock.
Hopefully you understand what i mean.

All the best

Arne

That is a great idea, problem is it would be easy to steal:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back