wing removal

john b

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me where to look for bolts to remove my wing. I have a bed liner so it is hard to see inside stake pockets. I removed the 2 bolts at front of wing. thanks.

Actually you remove one on each side under lip of bed, then slide wing to rear of truck and up to remove. If you want to remove the studs as well then yes remove tail lights but if you're putting wing back on just one 10mm bolt on each side under bed lip. :burnout:

Actually you remove one on each side under lip of bed, then slide wing to rear of truck and up to remove. If you want to remove the studs as well then yes remove tail lights but if you're putting wing back on just one 10mm bolt on each side under bed lip. :burnout:

That is correct sir.

unless your wing was like Blackie's wing. both rear studs was glassed in:mad:

why ya takin the "trademark" wing off???

My wing is barely on, I can take it off without any tools. But it has yet to fly off. Can anybody tell me why the paint on my wing is slowly turning into a huge pile of shit? Is it when I spray my windshield fluid? It looks like somebody comes to my house every night and sprays a light coating of anthrax on it. Its just my wing. Its getting bad. And its mainly on the top sides too, is there just SO much debris hitting it that it eats away at the paint? its rough too, like something is literally eating away at the material underneath the paint.

mine & a few others are doin the same thing.

"faulty" clear coatin:mad:

mine & a few others are doin the same thing.

"faulty" clear coatin:mad:

lazy mexicans

Edit* Before anybody flys off the handle, our trucks were mad in Mehico. Ooops mexico. Our brothers to the south were probably too drunk to care about clear coating the wing at the end of the paint booth.

Last edited:
wonder if they were painted here or thar:dontknow:

Jeff could answer this. Im actually not sure but Im confident that they were assembled and painted in the great land of mexico. They have good Tequila though..so thats a plus.

Jeff could answer this. Im actually not sure but Im confident that they were assembled and painted in the great land of mexico. They have good Tequila though..so thats a plus.

bet he could answer also.:rock:

lazy mexicans

Edit* Before anybody flys off the handle, our trucks were mad in Mehico. Ooops mexico. Our brothers to the south were probably too drunk to care about clear coating the wing at the end of the paint booth.

My clear coat on the wing sucks ass!

I'm sure the wing manufacturer likely painted them as well as the ground effects package painted elsewhere by that manufacturer. I've noticed paint match differences that weren't due to metal vs plastic. Obviously more noticeable on red and silver whereas black didn't matter. Also seems as more black wings stay looking better than red and silver. Can't speak for yellow fevers or CE/VCA.
It'd be interesting to know where it was all painted though for sure.

I'm sure the wing manufacturer likely painted them as well as the ground effects package painted elsewhere by that manufacturer. I've noticed paint match differences that weren't due to metal vs plastic. Obviously more noticeable on red and silver whereas black didn't matter. Also seems as more black wings stay looking better than red and silver. Can't speak for yellow fevers or CE/VCA.
It'd be interesting to know where it was all painted though for sure.

Mine's silver and paint matches great. No clear issues either. Maybe it's the great wax it has had all its life. Never been wrecked or repainted so that can't be it.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back