wing studs..... need a tool

evobuilder

Reaction score
OK, before you get all "RTFM", use your tool bag (use YOUR tool bag LOL), etc. I do not have the factory tool bag, I do not want to ever put the wing back ever again, ever :) and before I make a tool to get the studs out.... is there a trick, a tool or something I should know?

Please be gentle, my ego is ohh soo fragile :|

You have two 10mm bolts from underside of lip, then slide wing off studs and lift off. To remove studs, use flat tip screwdriver and remove stud. Nut is on underside through stake pocket.
I'll take that wing off your hands :)
[email protected]

take the taillight out to get to the nuts.... that's what I needed, thanks! Wing will NEVER go back on.... off to the paint shop I go.

You do if you want to remove the rear studs the wing sits on.

Why is that? Done it for many years by using a standard screwdriver and using the slot intentionally put in stud for that intention. Reach in stake pocket hole and hold nut when it comes loose. Only reason I see needing to remove tail lights is for y'all rusty truck owners up north actially having to put a socket on the nut. Never, ever done one that way though.
Daytona wings actually have an anti theft/anti fly away cable that does need tail light removed as cable is mounted inside pocket where tail light goes.

Why is that? Done it for many years by using a standard screwdriver and using the slot intentionally put in stud for that intention. Reach in stake pocket hole and hold nut when it comes loose. Only reason I see needing to remove tail lights is for y'all rusty truck owners up north actially having to put a socket on the nut. Never, ever done one that way though.
Daytona wings actually have an anti theft/anti fly away cable that does need tail light removed as cable is mounted inside pocket where tail light goes.

You aren't getting them loose with a screw driver only here. That's exactly why the tail light has to come out.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back