WINGS & WHEELS CAR SHOW SATURDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2010

Bone

Supporting Member
Reaction score
http://www.museumofaviation.org/carshow.php

WINGS & WHEELS CAR SHOW
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2010

Car-Show-Rotate-1.gif

Warner Robins, Georgia -- The 18th Annual Wings and Wheels Car, Truck and Motorcycle Show will be held at the Museum of Aviation on Saturday, October 9, 2010. A special guest at this year’s show will be Ann Hansen, star of TV and radio ads for Lowe Toyota and a motorcycle drag racer herself. She will bring her drag bike to the show for spectators to view.
Wings and Wheels draws over 250 vintage, classic and customized cars, trucks and motorcycles, worth a combined total of over $7 million. The annual show benefits the Museum of Aviation, one of the largest education-focused aviation museums in the United States. The show is free to the public from 9 am-5 pm.

Vehicle entrants will compete for over 100 trophies in 52 different classes and have free chances to win door prizes and cash giveaways. Vehicle entrants will get free entry blanks for a $500 cash giveaway and twenty entrants will win a $25 cash prize during the day. Special trophies will include five "Best in Show" winners, Best Paint, Interior and Engine awards, a Commander's Choice Trophy, a Master Builders Award and a Young Gun Trophy (for an owner age 18 or younger).

The “Savageâ€￾ Monster Truck will also be at the show offering rides around the Museum grounds. The 600-horsepower truck can safely transport up to 11 people at a time. Entertaining this year will be the Dance Explosion Clogging Team from Wrightsville, GA. "Wings and Wheels is the largest one-day public attended event held at the Museum each year with approximately 8,000 spectators," said Bob Dubiel, Museum Director of Marketing. "It's fun for the whole family with, oldies DJ Tommy Landrum, aircraft models on display, kiddie car races, food and car-related vendors and aircraft open to the public. Spectators can also win prizes and bid on items in a silent auction. A 50/50 drawing will also be held.

Registration​
Vehicle registration for Wings and Wheels is $20 prior to October 1st and $25 after that. Active duty, active Reserve or National Guard Military members receive a $5 discount at registration. Vehicles "For Sale" may enter a non-competitive "Car Corral" for $15. Registration is available on two websites: www.museumofaviation.org or www.wingsandwheelscarshow.com.

Kiddie Car Races​
Children ages 3-8 also get into the fun at Wings and Wheels with Kiddie Car Races held in the Freedom Park Picnic Area between 10 am- 12 noon. For $5 each child receives rides a provided battery-operated car down the simulated runway in the picnic area and gets a winner's certificate and bag of gifts following the race. Advance reservations are not required.

Poker Fun Run​
A Poker Fun Run will also be held the night before on Friday, October 8. Registration is held at the Museum between 6:00 pm-6:45 pm. Any type vehicle can participate and more than one player can ride in a vehicle. Each player buys as many "hands" as desired for $10 each and goes to several merchants in Warner Robins to draw a card. The fun run ends at Hooters and Steak and Shake at Margie Drive near Watson Blvd where DJ Tommy Landrum provides music and prizes are handed out. Additional door prizes are presented there and a 50/50 cash drawing is also held. The best 5-card hand wins $75, second best $50 and third best $25. This year, instant win cards will be added to the prizes. The event usually draws over 100 entrants.

WINGS AND WHEELS SCHEDULE
Saturday, Oct. 9, 2010
8:00 am-11:30 am
Competition vehicle registration-Pavilion #1
9:00 am-5:30 pm
Gates open to the public-park at Anchor Glass
10:00 am-4:00 pm
Silent Auction and T-Shirt sales -Pavilion #2
10:00 am-12 noon
Kiddie Car Races-Freedom Park Picnic Area
10:30 am
Judges meeting-Eagle Building
Noon-3:30 pm
Vehicle judging
12:30 pm – 1:00 pm
‘Dance Explosion’ Clogging Team
4:45 pm
Awards ceremony-Freedom Park Picnic Area

Directions
http://www.museumofaviation.org/directions.php

Map1.jpg

The Museum of Aviation is located only seven miles east of I-75, near Robins Air Force Base. From I-75, take Exit 144 heading east on Russell Parkway through Warner Robins. Drive 9 miles until the end of Russell Parkway and exit before reaching Robins Air Force Base onto GA Hwy 247. Turn right and go south for less than a mile. The Museum is on the left.

From I-16
, take Exit 27 (SR358). Go west to Hwy 96. Turn left (west) on GA Hwy 96 to GA Hwy 247. Turn right (north) on GA Hwy 247. Go approximately 3 miles. The Museum of Aviation is on the right.

From Hartsfield-Jackson Airport in Atlanta, GA
, take I-75 South. Take the I-475 Loop around Macon toward Valdosta - this connects back to I-75. Take Exit 144 heading east (left at the light) on Russell Parkway through Warner Robins. Drive 9 miles until the end of Russell Parkway and exit before reaching Robins Air Force Base onto GA Hwy 247. Turn right and go south for less than a mile. The Museum is on the left.

From Macon Regional Airport in Macon, GA,
take GA HWY 247 South. Travel 15 miles on GA HWY 247 South. After passing underneath the overpass, the Museum of Aviation is immediately to the left.

If you have been to my house. It is only about 4-5 miles from my house east on the main rd, Russell Blvd, can't miss it, you run right into it.

sounds like a great event. participant or spectator.:rock: :rock: :rock:

great combo, hot cars & hot planes:rock: :rock: :rock:

Yes, they have Bone on the pedestal in front of the museum now.

B-1B-Lancer.jpg

they just have some badass aircraft:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

So far:

1) Bone
2) Taliban Dan
3) Mr. Robins

If interested, we can grill out at my place or hit Hooters afterwards.

If enough turnout, I can invite Brian Anderson over with his dyno.

2005pic4.jpg

news1.jpg

StyleGreenTouch_Div.jpg

showfeat.jpg

Wings and Wheels strives to have a car show with something for all family members to enjoy. The entire Museum is open to spectators during the car show and special attractions include:

Monster Truck Rides - Kids and adults can take a ride around the Museum grounds on a monster truck equipped to safely transport groups of people strapped in chairs in the back bed. Tour the Museum grounds and get a "higher" perspective of the car show.

Kiddie Car "Runway" Races - Young car lovers can race down the miniature simulated runway in the Museum picnic grounds. The entry fee is $5.00 and each racer receives a prize bag and medal at the finish line. The event is sponsored by Wal Mart.

Cloggers and Dancers - Each year the show strives to have a family entertainment like cloggers, dancers or other type of music. The Russell Elementary School jump rope and dance teams performed at the 2009 show and the Dance Explosion Cloggers will perform at the 2010 show.

Oldies DJ Tommy Landrum - Tommy has been spinning '50s and '60s oldies at Wings and Wheels and many other car shows for years now and there's no one better. Contact Tommy with your music needs at P.O. Box 245, Winterville, GA 30683. (706) 742-2931

$500 Cash Giveaway and Door Prizes - A total of $500 in cash is given away during the show - a $25 drawing every 15 minutes. In addition, all entrants get a chance at some great door prizes.

Silent Auction - A silent auction is held during the show with all kinds of merchandise up for bid like tools, artwork, spa packages, bikes and gift certificates.

Model Aircraft Displays - In addition to the Museum's historic U.S. Air Force aircraft on display, spectators will also enjoy seeing a collection of detailed model aircraft on display.

Last edited:
thats about the neatest car show i have heard of

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

ZCx said:
thats about the neatest car show i have heard of

:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

It's been growing every year. The Base and the Museum do a great job. :flybye:Military town too.

I have three extra rooms if someone wants to crash (Friday and/or Sat)....no need to get hotel. Plus beer Fridge downstairs.

1) Bone
2) Taliban Dan and wife
3) Mr. Robins
4) Studerman and wife

1) Bone
2) Taliban Dan and wife
3) Mr. Robins
4) Studerman and wife
5) Sean Roe - Maybe

studerman said:
are we entering to show trucks or are we going to enjoy the festivities?

yes:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

If you enter your truck, it will be stuck there all day.

Completely up to you. I told the director I would put mine in, plus the local machine shops asked me to do so.

The area will be packed!

Plus, somebody has to drive to Hooters!

;););):burnout::rock:

fs114852.jpg

One of the last car shows of the season on the second Saturday in October, "Wings and Wheels" is an annual fund raiser conducted by the Museum of Aviation Foundation with a lot of help from several local car clubs and enthusiasts. The setting is the beautiful Museum of Aviation next to Robins Air Force Base in Warner Robins, Georgia. Profits go towards the growth and development of the Museum of Aviation, one of the largest education-focused aviation museum in America!

The first two Wings & Wheels show were held in the late '80s when the museum only had one building. Today the museum has four air conditioned display buildings on 51 acres with over 100 aircraft and missiles on display. The entire Museum is open to the public on show day. Since 1995, the shows have been held yearly with between 250 and 275 vehicles entering the show.

Over the years, the shows have drawn cars, trucks and motorcycles from all over Georgia and surrounding states. New attractions have been added over the years like a $500 cash giveaway ($50 cash prize every 15 minutes), monster truck rides, displays of model aircraft and radio controlled models, and battery-operated kiddie car races

The show and the Museum are free to the public and an estimated 8,000-10,000 spectators attend Wings and Wheels making it the largest one-day public-attended event at the Museum each year. Oldies music is provided by Tommy Landrum, one of the best car show DJs in the southeast. All entrants receive a 10% discount to the unique Museum of Aviation Gift Shop and chances to win some nice door prizes.

Last edited:
Some trucks from the Hemi Truck Club will be there also.

I would love to Bone buddy, but man I have jsut been rollin every weekend latley, think I am gonna stay home for a few and get caught up a little, mommas tang is growing shut:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back