Winter driving questions?

upst8ny

Reaction score
Just a few questions,
Do any of you guys drive these in snow?
This will be my daily driver for this winter,tire reccommendations?
Bags of sand or concrete in the back?
Sorry for the minor questions but i work 10 minutes from home so if it snows and i take precaution will it be bad with the power and gears.I had a lowered 2 wd silverado as my daily and it wasnt bad at all in the snow but no where near the power the viper has.

have only had mine on snow maybe twice. not worth it reason i beat on wife's avalanche come winter and putting the 10 in the garage :) otherwise you stand the chance of being the next person to come on here and show us a totaled truck where the wing still survived..

buy a $500 beater to drive in the snow in ny, not very many srt10 rams left in the world, give it the respect it deserves, let it reside in the garage during bad weather;)
please dont put a chunk of concrete in the back........

Cheap set of 20" wheels with Bridgestone Blizzaks. 350lbs of sand bags in the bed...... be careful and you'll be fine. Oh, and make sure your insurance is paid up! :D:eek:

buy a $500 beater to drive in the snow in ny, not very many srt10 rams left in the world, give it the respect it deserves, let it reside in the garage during bad weather;)
please dont put a chunk of concrete in the back........

Right on!

also remember the front end will act like a snow plow....Recommend you garage it during the winter..

Maybe just cut it along the character line... ;)

Good luck, these trucks are scared of snow.

Last year about a mile from my house, a guy rolled a QC in the snow on Christmas Eve out on highway 169. My neighbor had an 06 QC and said it was the worst vehicle he's ever driven in the snow and he grew up in Wisconsin. Every year more and more of these trucks get used up, crashed and disrespected. Once these are gone they are gone.

Only once did I get stuck driving in the snow and never again. These things are the worst vehicles you could imagine in the snow.

Just talked to my wife and Im gonna get the truck in the winter and a beater,if i do drive it will only be on non snow days.We both agree it is too nice of a vehicle to wreck.Thank you for the responses everyone.

Just talked to my wife and Im gonna get the truck in the winter and a beater,if i do drive it will only be on non snow days.We both agree it is too nice of a vehicle to wreck.Thank you for the responses everyone.

I like the hell outta ya thinking buddy:rock:

but seriously I am hard on this too much really, but to me the trucks do not get the respect they should, with only 9000 built, and probably 1500 or so totalled, there is nto many left , and soon they will be very desirable , or at least I think so:)

best thing to do the salt and garbage they use on the roads up here also will eat up the paint another reason i wont drive it on our roads in the winter :). but come summer look me up only about 30 minutes from you so :)

If you have a RC put it away. If its a QC then its not AS bad put still dangerous. Be very attentive when going around curves!

nahh stink but we dont have krispy creme's readily available here lol although dunkin donuts are not to bad.. but i prefer a steak over donuts :D

PS. still waiting for you to get your hairy old ass up here to visit :D

Back