wipers not working properly

Reaction score
Hi to everyone from over the pond,i wonder if anybody could shed any light on a problem that has just started on my qc.when i unlock the truck with the fob the wipers do 1 swipe of the screen,the 1st intermittent on the switch turns them on normal speed and it takes an age for them to park.if i turn them off they park in random places.
Thanks Paul.

Mine did a single swipe on me the other day but i figured it was related to my low battery in truck for sitting for a few months. If you find out elsewhere , please share as i might have the same issue.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Low battery voltage will wreak havoc on anything electrical.
Unfortunately I didn't get my battery tender installed before 30" of snow fell in front of the garage it's stored in.

after doing a bit of research people are saying it could be the fcm.I'm struggling to locate one over here in the uk.Is it just a straight swap or does it have to be coded in.I used to have an audi and everything had to be coded in on that.
Thanks Paul.

Low battery voltage will wreak havoc on anything electrical.
Unfortunately I didn't get my battery tender installed before 30" of snow fell in front of the garage it's stored in.

I would rule this out first. I haven't had my qc for very long, but when I got it, it had the original battery installed. I had really no signs of the typical low voltage (ie. slow starts) but I had lots of little corky things happening with the electrical system. Mainly with the radio, gauges, and seatbelt dinging. These things happened randomly for about six months until one day the truck wouldn't start. After I changed the battery all things went away instantly. When the battery went, it went, (no jump starting or boosting).

Good Luck

Hi,I've checked the battery and it seems ok.showing 12.5 volts and 14.5 volts when running and also did a drop test on it which was also fine so i'm leaning towards the fcm as being the problem.Are the specific for the srt10 or would one from any 02 to 05 ram do the job?.
thanks Paul.

Hi,I've checked the battery and it seems ok.showing 12.5 volts and 14.5 volts when running and also did a drop test on it which was also fine so i'm leaning towards the fcm as being the problem.Are the specific for the srt10 or would one from any 02 to 05 ram do the job?.
thanks Paul.

12.5 volts (at rest) is kind of low for a fully charged 12 volt battery. You should have at least 12.75-12.8 ish. Put it on the charger or better yet a battery tender until fully charged. Unhook & let the battery sit for at least 6 hours then check it again. If it doesn't come up your battery is most likely on the way out. If the battery caps come off you can use a volt meter to test each cell. If any are under 2 volts you have a bad cell.

Hi,latest update is i've checked and charged the battery and i'm confident its ok.
its only the wipers that i've got the problem with,they seem to have a mind of their own so its either the stalk or maybe the fcm.the lights etc are fine i,ve taken the fcm off and got the numbers from it and given it a clean with electrical cleaner but there's no change.Anyone got any ideas?
Thanks Paul.

I didn't see a mention of the year of the truck. The reason I ask is because the multi function switch was a known issue in 06 with some trucks even getting an extended warranty through Chrysler on that part. If you can supply me with the last 8 characters of your vin, I can get you that information.

Does not have the extended warranty on the multifunction switch, doesn't necessarily mean it isn't the problem though. You do have an open recall on the driver side air bag inflator. I don't know if they have dealers over there capable of performing those recalls. If I can assist you with anything else please let me know.

Thanks,i think i'd be struggling to get that checked out over here.these wipers are doing my melon.they will not work on intermittent at all.they work on normal and high speed but will not park and they have now also started coming on at random times whilst driving.Has anybody had similar issues or know what this could be?.
thanks Paul.

Where is the fcm? I have the occasional single wiper sweep at the oddest times in my 04. Last time it did it was I pulled in the garage shut it off got out, shut the door and they did a single sweep.

Last edited:
Seem to remember ground problems causing some wiper motor problems. Try to hook up a test wire between the motor & a good ground. See if that helps.

Where is the fcm? I have the occasional single wiper sweep at the oddest times in my 04. Last time it did it was I pulled in the garage shut it off got out, shut the door and they did a single sweep.
I get that same one. Scares the crap outta me sometimes.

Sent from my SPH-L520 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back