wireless connection grrrrrrr

Ironhead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just caught some dirtbag using my wireless connection ,,,,i thought i had it password protected but some how it was not,,think the wife tried to reset router and accidently reset to public ,,,punks were downloading music :mad: :mad: :mad:

Make sure you are using WPA2 with AES encryption. Hiding he SSID does nothing, so don't do that as a security feature. WEP can be cracked in less that 30 secs. WPA takes slightly longer. Use WPA2.

-Muzzy

damn i got them off but now my wireless wont work ,,,,man im havin a bad day :mad:

Muzzy said:
Make sure you are using WPA2 with AES encryption. Hiding he SSID does nothing, so don't do that as a security feature. WEP can be cracked in less that 30 secs. WPA takes slightly longer. Use WPA2.

-Muzzy

i switched it off wepand switched to wpa2 but it shutdown my wireless down ,,,wire hook up works though :confused: :confused: this is why i hate vista ,,,

Last edited:
Ironhead said:
i switched it off wepand switched to wpa2 but it shutdown my wireless down ,,,wire hook up works though :confused: :confused: this is why i hate vista ,,,

Vista will take over your PC,, Ha it tells you what to do.

amtrucker22 said:
I use wep and a MAC access list.

Yep, MAC Address list is the way to go.... pretty much fail safe (unless someone comes into your house and clones the MAC Addy from one of your computers). :)

Man that sucks.....

Black1 said:
Yep, MAC Address list is the way to go.... pretty much fail safe (unless someone comes into your house and clones the MAC Addy from one of your computers). :)

Wireless MAC is transmitted unencrypted through the air. I can use Kismet to sniff your MAC and spoof it. If the MAC was encrypted you would never be able to associate to an access point. Best security EAP type and encryption is WPA2 and AES.

-Muzzy

Yes, unsecured wireless signals are useful. How do you guys think I stay connected to this place while I'm in Norway?

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back