Wog to Shellback

FlyingLow

Supporting Member
Reaction score
After 17.5 years in the Navy I finally became a Shellback. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about a Shellback is someone who has crossed the equator. You start as a Wog and become a Shellback after your cross the line. I'm on the right in the picture and you can see that my white shirt from the first 2 pics is green from the sea dye marker.

Smoke

Edit: In case you are wondering why I’m all dirty it is from the initiation. The shirts are before I wore them and the picture of me is right before I got to see King Neptune and Davy Jones. Today is day 159 and we just hit our first port visit. Only 51 more days till we are back in Virginia.

Attachments

• DSCF0444-1.jpg
    DSCF0444-1.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 47
  • DSCF0445-1.jpg
    DSCF0445-1.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 52
  • DSCF0459-1.jpg
    DSCF0459-1.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
My son's first assignment after "A" school was a world cruise on the Carl Vincent.

Congrats Scott!!!

All I ever got was my Blue Nose... pales in comparison.

I still don't have a clue what you all are talking about... But, it looks like celebration is in order. So, CONGRATS!!! :dontknow: :D :p

:birthday:

Black1 said:
I still don't have a clue what you all are talking about... But, it looks like celebration is in order. So, CONGRATS!!! :dontknow: :D :p

:birthday:
A Shellback is someone who has sailed across the equator. It's a bit of an honor in the Navy/Marines.

:rock: :rock: :rock: congrats:rock: :rock: :rock:

i have also heard stories of gettin 5' of water line & a bucket of steam.:D

any truth to that????????:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

ZCx said:
:rock: :rock: :rock: congrats:rock: :rock: :rock:

i have also heard stories of gettin 5' of water line & a bucket of steam.:D

any truth to that????????:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Coming from the aviation community, Smoke would be required to gather 100' of flight line, and a 5 gallon jug of prop wash! :D :marchmellow: :D :marchmellow: :D :marchmellow:

Congratulations Smoke !!!! You Earned That One !!!

Now all you need is the Blue Nose and Plank Owner to complete the Set.. :)

Da1Chief said:
Congratulations Smoke !!!! You Earned That One !!!

Now all you need is the Blue Nose and Plank Owner to complete the Set.. :)

what does one have to do to get them honors????:dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow: :dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back