WOT Bog

Ready2Bite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious if there is a rev limiter in these trucks. When I get on it occasionally it will "bog" for lack of a better word - somewhere in the 5200 rpm range (I can't tell for sure as I'm not looking at the tach - focusing on the road. As soon as I lift off the throttle it runs like a champ again so is there a rev limiter or not?

Just curious if there is a rev limiter in these trucks. When I get on it occasionally it will "bog" for lack of a better word - somewhere in the 5200 rpm range (I can't tell for sure as I'm not looking at the tach - focusing on the road. As soon as I lift off the throttle it runs like a champ again so is there a rev limiter or not?

*resists urge to make smartalek comment about needing video...

Yes, our trucks have a rev limiter. Yes, I think you are hitting it. Do you have a RC or a QC?

It's a RC and no - I don't need a F**king Prius - I don't drive "offshore" products!!!!!
In that case, you should grab a video of the tach while making a full speed pass. Post it here and we'll tell you if it sounds "normal". The stock rev limiter will be at 6050 RPM.

Sounds like it could ignition or cam or crank sensor acting up. A bad TPS can't cause issues as well. Does idle hang? Idle high at times?
Video would be great as the guys mentioned.

I never hit the rev limiter in the truck but in the goat there was no bog.. It was very obvious what had happen when I hit it... Only happen twice and for some reason it was in 3rd both times... :dontknow: :eek: :D

In that case, you should grab a video of the tach while making a full speed pass. Post it here and we'll tell you if it sounds "normal". The stock rev limiter will be at 6050 RPM.

He can't even look at the tach while driving, how in the world is he gonna video it!?

If it was a QC I would say it's normal, it's not a bog but a hang.... As for a RC no idea? Down shift?

He can't even look at the tach while driving, how in the world is he gonna video it!?
I didn't look while I filmed this:

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PVWFD2YdZNw[/ame]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back