Would you consider..

Riff62

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking about trading in my truck for an 05 RC, either a YF or a CE..I like the fact that the 04 is a first year production, but like the uniqueness of the YF and CE. Also there are improvements over the 04, like brakes, gear ratio, etc..
Anyone have any thoughts on this, and whats a good trade in price on a 04 these days?.(Mostly stock, Black, 8200mi,nav, etc)
I have had my truck for 5 months, and love it, but the YF and CEs really appeal to me..If I am going to take a huge loss on the 04 I wont do it, as my payments are high enough now, but if I can keep them the same, I would probly think about it real hard..:dontknow:
If you hear a woman screaming and a big BOOM coming from NE PA, its my g/f head exploding when she hears about this idea...:D :D :2in1:

The problem is that these trucks are not selling at the moment. Damn gas prices,and it does not look as though it will improve anytime soon.

If you try to trade you will not get anything for your existing truck. Sell your's yourself and then go looking, or you will probably take it in the shorts.

Good luck.

Also, just so you know, the special edition trucks are the fastest. DC saved the most powerful engines for these limited production monsters.:star: :dancing: ;)

I was only offered 26k for my 04 when I wanted to trade it in for a CE.It would be better to sell it on AutoTrader or e-bay than trade it in.With the market being so slow it helps if you are buying,but hurts if you are selling.Kind of a catch 22 for both of us.

I got very lucky with mine traded in my 05 black RC with 700 miles for a CE and paid an additional 5k. Not to bad since sticker the CE was 4k over sticker on my black one. I eventually bought back the black one for 30k with 1100 miles. It is all in the timing. Good luck

I think there was a gear change from the 04's to the 05's, they went from 4.10's to 4.56's, and I think there was a brake change. I think those are the only major differences.

Thanks for the advice guys..I thought about it over the last few days and will stick with my truck for now..The Mrs. said I should wait as we might be able to buy another truck next year, in which case I would keep mine and buy a CE or YF, if I can find one then...(This is why I love that girl..lol, although I think she thinks I will forget about it by then..hehe)
Does anyone know if its possible to stick calipers from an 05 on an 04? Or if there are aftermarket 4 piston calipers available for the 04?

Like Nowwhat said, its cheaper just to paint your truck anyway you want it. The gear ratio not a big deal, can be changed out. The brakes, well not really a big deal either, for they can be changed out as well. Stealerships will rob there own grandmothers ,, dont do it man, think about it hard.

Keep yer truck!!! :D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back