Wow,,, what a difference! B&M Short Shifter

portlandsrt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can't believe it took me this long to put on this kit.. A HUGE thanks to Randy ( moparracing ) for driving out and helping me install this... Incredible. Now I just need to put in some Mobil 1 ATF.....,..

Its amazing how bad the stocker really is. You dont truly understand this until you upgrade. Yes there is some of a noise issue, but jeez, 500 HP with cat deletes should take care of that! LOL

Glad your enjoying it. My first run x metal gen 1 shifter is like butter compared to the stocker. I'll never go back to stock.

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
Its amazing how bad the stocker really is. You dont truly understand this until you upgrade. Yes there is some of a noise issue, but jeez, 500 HP with cat deletes should take care of that! LOL

Glad your enjoying it. My first run x metal gen 1 shifter is like butter compared to the stocker. I'll never go back to stock.

patrick
Could you explain the noise issues...Is it ridiculous noise or intermittent
noise...Or does the noise outdo the shifting performance...Curious to know
Thinking of changing shifters...

i have heard both the xmetal shifter and the B&M drove both ,,,i went with the B&M shifter ,waiting on delivery now ,,to me there was a lot more noise with the xmetal one ,i could hear it even with radio on ,,,,,but both shifted great ,,,

portlandsrt said:
I can't believe it took me this long to put on this kit.. A HUGE thanks to Randy ( moparracing ) for driving out and helping me install this... Incredible. Now I just need to put in some Mobil 1 ATF.....,..

When you change fluid you will notice another big difference!! Easier smoother shifts!!:rock:

I like the sound my x metal gen 1 puts off. Its not to loud. Its makes it sound more performance IMO. I have no idea what the gen 4 or gen x sound like, but I've heard they are loud.

portlandsrt said:
you're welcome matt, glad to help - anytime........

personally, i like my x-metal shifter, but after installing matt's & how quite it was - i may switch to b&m myself.......:rock:

04 SRT 10 said:

I have the x metal gen 1 shifter. There is a little "racy" sound coming from the tranny. It is NOT an overpowering noise at all. I really only notice it when cruising at low speeds ie. parking lots etc...

I am very happy with this shifter. I have not tried the gen 4 or gen x or b&m units.

patrick

mauiSRT/10 said:
I have the x metal gen 1 shifter. There is a little "racy" sound coming from the tranny. It is NOT an overpowering noise at all. I really only notice it when cruising at low speeds ie. parking lots etc...

I am very happy with this shifter. I have not tried the gen 4 or gen x or b&m units.

patrick
i didn't think mine was very loud either until i installed the B&M for matt....... big difference !!!!:)

04 SRT 10 said:

If you notice noise goes away when you hold the shifter, You need something to absorb the sound. Wrap the shifter base with rubber tape:D

Oh sweet Jesus have I missed the B&M. Just installed it tonight (bought from CubanEvo). Shifting is fun again!!! :rock: Powershifting is easier too. :D

Back