Wrecked SRT-10

Anyone noticing a trend here? Each of these trucks obviously rolled at least once...resulting in a COMPLETELY flat roof. I notice it a bit more because my brother and my best friend/cousin were both killed in roll-overs in the past year. I know everyone here, including myself hopes that all these drivers come out ok...but the harsh reality is, they're most likely severely injured if not dead. Guys I'm not tryin to preach here, I'm just sayin' this can happen to anyone at anytime, ya'll be safe. It disappoints me that car companies, have millions of dollars invested in front/side air-bag technologies, but have yet to install any sort of stock roll cage in high performance vehichles...hense the reason I will be investing in one soon when I head off for college. It won't be anything like a full-race 14 point cage, just a nice simple effective 4-8 point without any door-bars. I know alot of you guys are thinking it's a waste of money if this isnt your weekend warrior drag strip monster...but I'm just saying I would advise it since it would definately pay for itself when something unexpected happens. Again this is just my opinion.:dontknow:

Justanotherdodge said:
Anyone noticing a trend here? Each of these trucks obviously rolled at least once...resulting in a COMPLETELY flat roof. I notice it a bit more because my brother and my best friend/cousin were both killed in roll-overs in the past year. I know everyone here, including myself hopes that all these drivers come out ok...but the harsh reality is, they're most likely severely injured if not dead. Guys I'm not tryin to preach here, I'm just sayin' this can happen to anyone at anytime, ya'll be safe. It disappoints me that car companies, have millions of dollars invested in front/side air-bag technologies, but have yet to install any sort of stock roll cage in high performance vehichles...hense the reason I will be investing in one soon when I head off for college. It won't be anything like a full-race 14 point cage, just a nice simple effective 4-8 point without any door-bars. I know alot of you guys are thinking it's a waste of money if this isnt your weekend warrior drag strip monster...but I'm just saying I would advise it since it would definately pay for itself when something unexpected happens. Again this is just my opinion.:dontknow:

I agree - it makes sense to invest in something that could save your life if you do happen to get outta control and roll the thing - Sad looking pics and I am sorry to hear about your bro and cousin.... :(

I think American vehicles could use alot more safety features than we get - especially for the money we spend .. :idea:

Wow the pic that Prof posted is scary!!!! That truck rolled and rolled then looks like it burned!!!

On a lighter note I was at the drags last night and met the owner of the only QC on the island. Turns out I knew the guy, use to do sound for my band in the 90's. Anyway while test driving it he punched it around a turn and took it into a curb!!:mad: $2500 in damages and now in addition, he needs to get two new rims as he just found out they are bent. Anybody got two for sale? Great guy told him about the site so hopefully he will join up.

patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back