WTB Airbag Cover with Horn switch

Need for Speed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Title says it all...will buy the whole airbag if I have to, but really only need the cover and horn switch. Gonna check local junkyards tomorrow also. I see some on Ebay but kind of need one right away to pass inspection. Thanks in advance...

Not to be funny, but if you wanna pass inspection, then just runa switch to the horn line. I can help you do it. It is extremely easy. Cut wire to airbag switch (dark green/purple wire) in steering column. It is a negative pulse wire, which means when it sees ground the horn honks. Run a wire to a ground (don't tap onto one, make your own to bare metal on chassis) and wire one side of any switch to the ground, then wire the otherside of the switch to the wire you cut.

Done. Will pass inspection and cost you about 3 bucks (if you don't have a switch)

I am telling you this to make sure you buy the RIGHT replacement for the RIGHT price. I would hate to see you blow 500-1000 on something you don't really need.

Frank

5_0_BAIT said:
Not to be funny, but if you wanna pass inspection, then just runa switch to the horn line. I can help you do it. It is extremely easy. Cut wire to airbag switch (dark green/purple wire) in steering column. It is a negative pulse wire, which means when it sees ground the horn honks. Run a wire to a ground (don't tap onto one, make your own to bare metal on chassis) and wire one side of any switch to the ground, then wire the otherside of the switch to the wire you cut.

Done. Will pass inspection and cost you about 3 bucks (if you don't have a switch)

I am telling you this to make sure you buy the RIGHT replacement for the RIGHT price. I would hate to see you blow 500-1000 on something you don't really need.

Frank

Thanks for the advice. I think I located a full replacement for about $50 locally...just waiting to hear back from them. If it falls through, I may go your route at least temporarily.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back