WTB K&N Intake

CRexSRT10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Couldn't post in the wanted section so figured I'd do it here. Looking for a full K&N cold air intake. I've looked a lot online and could easily buy there, but I figured I'd try and do some business with somene on here if they have one for sale or that they're looking to get rid of. Was curious if they also sound as cool on these trucks as some people say? Thanks! :call2:

I have one (not for sale) and under full throttle it is louder than my exhaust. Under half throttle it sounds like demons are trying to come out of my hood. It sounds great, but thats about all it does. Save your money and get the drop in K&N bud, works the same if not better.

no performance gains most say. I have one on mine and I love the sound at WOT. I got mine for 50 bucks so well worth the money.

Not necessarily looking for performance, just looks and sound!

Well if you want sound then the K&N FIPK is it!! Go for it, looks awesome when you pop the hood too. Last week I had this dumbass redneck on my base say "daaang bo thats a niice air muffler on there" haha.

Well if you want sound then the K&N FIPK is it!! Go for it, looks awesome when you pop the hood too. Last week I had this dumbass redneck on my base say "daaang bo thats a niice air muffler on there" haha.

Haha that's too funny! I had some guy at a gas station once tell me, "I worked on a red one of these in a shop once. I didn't like it though, they sound like junk" as he sits in his POS rusted out f-150 with the muffler dragging the ground. In my most polite tone, I kindly called him a complete dumbass.

Haha that's too funny! I had some guy at a gas station once tell me, "I worked on a red one of these in a shop once. I didn't like it though, they sound like junk" as he sits in his POS rusted out f-150 with the muffler dragging the ground. In my most polite tone, I kindly called him a complete dumbass.

Good call. Ive had mine in a few shops around here for exhaust work and there is ALWAYS somebody there to hate on it. "they're slow" "its just a dodge" "sound like shit" etc. But when i leave them in a cloud of tire smoke it tends to shut em up pretty quick. I guess thats with any car, people just love to hate, mostly out of jealousy :D

I dont know how everyone says putting a K&N CAI doesnt make any difference,the sound is amplified and sounds great,when I changed mine it was about 1pm we did some burnout take offs about 2 truck lengths of rubber,hook and go,AFTER the K&N CAI install it was slightly warmerer out about 3PM same day and the lenght of the rubber was about 5-6truck lengths or more!! So how is that not a power gain???? AND I went from 12MGP to 13.5MPG also,so Im a little puzzled on how "IT DOESNT HELP"???? I would say it was one of the better mods that I did.

I dont know how everyone says putting a K&N CAI doesnt make any difference,the sound is amplified and sounds great,when I changed mine it was about 1pm we did some burnout take offs about 2 truck lengths of rubber,hook and go,AFTER the K&N CAI install it was slightly warmerer out about 3PM same day and the lenght of the rubber was about 5-6truck lengths or more!! So how is that not a power gain???? AND I went from 12MGP to 13.5MPG also,so Im a little puzzled on how "IT DOESNT HELP"???? I would say it was one of the better mods that I did.

I think what most people are saying is that its not worth the amount of money when you could just simply drop in a K&N to the stock airbox. The SRT engineers built a great intake to begin with. I have heard a lot of mixed reviews on the K&N but most agree that a drop in works just the same and you save $$. But the sound is awesome, and it looks cool. To each their own i guess.

Might have to ebay it man. Or, check some stealerships. Alot of times they strip aftermarket parts to go back to stock. Another good option(one I wish I could do) is the Mopar CAI.
4935220392_37ec24c604.jpg

Might have to ebay it man. Or, check some stealerships. Alot of times they strip aftermarket parts to go back to stock. Another good option(one I wish I could do) is the Mopar CAI.
4935220392_37ec24c604.jpg

Looks like that's what I'm going to do. Was just trying to help someone out.

Could have gone with a drop in filter, but, no WOW factor when you open the hood! Love the sound over stock airbox, haven't got headers yet, so do what I can to let it breathe a lil better. Full BB exhaust on wish list, expensive, yes, but I keeping this thing till I "below ground" & the boys can decide what to do with it..

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back