wtb ot trade 4.56 for 4.10's

VIPERTRUK

Reaction score
i have an 05 qc srt 10 with the stock 4.56 gears and want to buy or trade my gears for some 4.10. I plan on taking long trips and want some gears that are more highway friendly.

I bet you actually hurt your mileage by going to 4.10s....not including all the gas you could buy with the money it costs to change...:burnout:

I have been trying to get someone to do this for a long time, i personaly think it would help not only on mileage , but also on a 1/4 mile time , not near as much spinning off the line, but i have a set of 4.10's out of my RC, well actually would have to take them out;)

Stinker said:
I have been trying to get someone to do this for a long time, i personaly think it would help not only on mileage , but also on a 1/4 mile time , not near as much spinning off the line, but i have a set of 4.10's out of my RC, well actually would have to take them out;)
How better of a time and how much better mpg? Steve mentioned to me and I got interested in this. How hard is the swap?

Stinker said:
Bet it would hurt 1/4 mile by 3 to 5 tenths and don't doubt it would hurt around town mileage.:( :(

kickinassrt-10 said:
How better of a time and how much better mpg? Steve mentioned to me and I got interested in this. How hard is the swap?
do you spin off the line now?;)

and i really think someone could get at least an extra mph out of it

FATJACK said:
Bet it would hurt 1/4 mile by 3 to 5 tenths and don't doubt it would hurt around town mileage.:( :(
I still think your wrong:p

the same with guys wanting to go to a 373 in a RC but, which is a larger bump;)

Stinker said:
do you spin off the line now?;)

and i really think someone could get at least an extra mph out of it
Oh yea...big spin on street tires.
Have to feather it off the line at 1/4 throttle than can mash it and Also spins out of 1st gear.

kickinassrt-10 said:
Have to feather it off the line at 1/4 throttle than can mash it and Also spins out of 1st gear.
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) well with 4.10's less spin, nos more grin

The higher gear (4.10s) in a stock to lightly modified quad cab would most likely get you higher ETS . The higher gear in a reg cab would show better times if the driver currently has traction issues but the difference between the 4.10s and 4.56 is not enough to to keep the tires from roasting if that is the current problem. Hemi guys opinion .

OSO said:
The higher gear (4.10s) in a stock to lightly modified quad cab would most likely get you higher ETS . The higher gear in a reg cab would show better times if the driver currently has traction issues but the difference between the 4.10s and 4.56 is not enough to to keep the tires from roasting if that is the current problem. Hemi guys opinion .
they want listen to me dude, maybe you can change there mind.

it may not keep them from roasting, but would help some

I have the stock 4.10, and the carrier out of my 04. The biggest problem is they are heavy, so the shipping could be quite expensive.

Bill.

kickinassrt-10 said:
If you want to be sure that Santeen outruns you change to a 4:10 on a 6000 lb. truck!!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back