WTB: Stock Throttle Body

En4cer30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for a Stock Throttle Body with everything intact.. ie. rod, butterflies, etc.

If the TPS is gone... no worries.

I'm just looking to play around with porting and polishing it. So, I'm not looking to spend alot. If you have a stock Gasket also, I'd also be interested in grasbbing that too...

Thanks...

PM's are fine.

TNVIPER said:
I have a stock TB that has been polished (inside ports only) but only have the butterflies with it...

can you post a pic ? perhaps ( if high idle reving continues ) i want to "polish" mine to and replace....
do they change anything :dontknow: or just polish till mirror shine :dontknow: :D

belgiumbarry said:
can you post a pic ? perhaps ( if high idle reving continues ) i want to "polish" mine to and replace....
do they change anything :dontknow: or just polish till mirror shine :dontknow: :D

He (J&J Racing....) ported and polished the inside ports but the outside is not polished. He is considered #1 locally for building race engines........I would take a $100 shipped in the lower 48 if anyone is interested...

017.jpg

i got one without the rod. its on my x-metal t/b and yo cant have it but your welcome to the t/b and flappers:D

I wanted to modify it myself...

I'm all about throttle body optimization... I can usually squeeze a few horsies out of one on most vehicles without that loss in low end grunt or throttle response.

Just wanted to see what I could do with one of these.

En4cer30 said:
I wanted to modify it myself...

I'm all about throttle body optimization... I can usually squeeze a few horsies out of one on most vehicles without that loss in low end grunt or throttle response.

Just wanted to see what I could do with one of these.
Don't you have a stock TB?:dontknow:

<--- No SRT-10 right now...

Normally on any of my cars, I always buy extra parts to work on and see if I can squeeze any power out of them. I usually won't touch the heads when there are good engine builders out there who can and do a great job. No reason to reinvent the wheel there. But I like doing my own Turbo housings, Cast exhaust manifolds, Intake manifolds, TB's etc.

I figured while I have nothing left to do on my current car, I'd start working on my next toy... even before I have.

Sounds crazy huh?? Pre-modifying a car...

In fact if someone wanted to test my TB for me after I worked it... I wouldn't mind at all. But that's after I finally get one.

En4cer30 said:
<--- No SRT-10 right now...

Normally on any of my cars, I always buy extra parts to work on and see if I can squeeze any power out of them. I usually won't touch the heads when there are good engine builders out there who can and do a great job. No reason to reinvent the wheel there. But I like doing my own Turbo housings, Cast exhaust manifolds, Intake manifolds, TB's etc.

I figured while I have nothing left to do on my current car, I'd start working on my next toy... even before I have.

Sounds crazy huh?? Pre-modifying a car...

In fact if someone wanted to test my TB for me after I worked it... I wouldn't mind at all. But that's after I finally get one.

now you're crazy'r then the most of us :D :D :D :D.......:nurse: ;)
PRE-MODDING ! :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant: :elefant:

TNVIPER said:
He (J&J Racing....) ported and polished the inside ports but the outside is not polished. He is considered #1 locally for building race engines........I would take a $100 shipped in the lower 48 if anyone is interested...

017.jpg

Interested...PM sent.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back