WTF is carmax doing to our resale!

Yea, they wanted to give me like $26,500 for my CE. I told them C-YA.

I went to Carmax one time before. they offered me $22,500 which is kind of a not bad deal because my truck have 29k mileage on it. But I couldn't take that deal because I still own my bank loan the $25k which mean I need pay Carmax the $2,500. So, I told them forgot it because I don't have $2,500 with me.

hell in this area they have increased in value since the first of the year.

i got mine from carmax, '05 rc with 9k on the clock for 32k, this was august '06...i thought it was a good price, with the options my truck has...

Surely these damn things are gonna hit rock bottom soon....I should have waited a little longer to buy mine apparently.

--wes

wesman said:
Surely these damn things are gonna hit rock bottom soon....I should have waited a little longer to buy mine apparently.

--wes

but think of all the fun that you have had since you got it...i might could have got one cheaper if i had waited, but i'm happy with mine...:burnout: :rock:

ZCx said:
hell in this area they have increased in value since the first of the year.

USA?........Are you sure you are reading the numbers right?

which "her" did ya keep?:dontknow:
checked the kelly blue book before i posted. compared to the first of the year when i got my 2nd SRT-10 peecup. they be up in value

wesman said:

--wes
If you can hang on to it for a few more years they will go up in value, simply because they just signed into law that every car manufactured will have get 35 MPG by 2020. This will end the HP war as we know it now!! That will increase the value of our truck emensely!!:rock:

Marc T said:
If you can hang on to it for a few more years they will go up in value, simply because they just signed into law that every car manufactured will have get 35 MPG by 2020. This will end the HP war as we know it now!! That will increase the value of our truck emensely!!:rock:

That can't apply to trucks. There's no way. How in the hell are they gonna get, say, a one ton superduty to get 35 mpg?

Every single vehicle produced to date could achieve 35mpg TODAY. Big oil, the government and the auto manufacturers have to this point made sure that they dont. Vehicles have not improved in MPG much since they were developed almost 100 years ago. Cars back in the 60's could get 20+ mpg, 45years later they still get the same mpg or worse...coincidence? NO! Trucks and cars alike have been allowed to be gas guzzlers for all these years because oil & the government have the monopoly on this nessisary good and no one else is allowed in on this gig they have going on. If it werent for the recent global warming environmental movement gaining strength there would be NO SUCH TALK OF MPG INCREASES.

sealalot said:
That can't apply to trucks. There's no way. How in the hell are they gonna get, say, a one ton superduty to get 35 mpg?

It's across the board per manufacturer, not every single make/model.

--wes

Marc T said:

Yeah, no plans to sell right now. It's just a toy, so if anything ever pops up it's expendable since it's not close to a DD. I do drive it a lot, but there are several other cars/trucks in the stable.

--wes

Marc T said:

Industry average requirement. A car that gets 25 hwy would need to be offset by another that gets 45. Still should have an impact on the kinds of cars that will be made.

I've pondered many times "how low" the value of our trucks will go... Simply because it has the Viper engine in the truck,,, I don't see our trucks dipping too much further than $20K within the next 5 years.. Say 7-8 years from now,,, I bet they're still selling in the mid-high teens.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back