WTF is carmax doing to our resale!

carmax kick me in the balls today. they offered me 22k for my 05 qc w/7100 miles. thats here in houston

I was thinking about trading mine in a couple of weeks ago for a 2005 Vette at an Infinity dealer in AZ and they were going to give me $27,500 for my 05 QC (which he said was about 5k back of blue book) with 25k miles, and the Vette was priced right. I thought it was a decent deal at the time, sounds like it was a real good deal.

DRamSrt10 said:
I went to Carmax one time before. they offered me $22,500 which is kind of a not bad deal because my truck have 29k mileage on it. But I couldn't take that deal because I still own my bank loan the $25k which mean I need pay Carmax the $2,500. So, I told them forgot it because I don't have $2,500 with me.

So Carmax wanted you to pay them to take it off your hands? That sales person deserved a white glove slap in the face and a challenge to a dual.:mad:

wesman said:
Surely these damn things are gonna hit rock bottom soon....I should have waited a little longer to buy mine apparently.

--wes

I bought mine brand new without regard on how much it was.... And now it's miiiine... mwuahahahahaaaaaaa MIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNE....

It is no conspiracy, it is the market. In America we don't want little turds that get 45+mpg. We want nice big fun cars to complement our nice big fun life that we create for our selfs.

There is no such thing as man made global warming, its called the EARTH getting further away and closer to..................anybody anybody....................

THE FU$KING SUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

bigike said:
It is no conspiracy, it is the market. In America we don't want little turds that get 45+mpg. We want nice big fun cars to complement our nice big fun life that we create for our selfs.

There is no such thing as man made global warming, its called the EARTH getting further away and closer to..................anybody anybody....................

THE FU$KING SUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amen!!!!:burnout:

patrick

Paid 27,500 out the door at carmax

For my 05 SRT-10 with 17k miles on it. I see them still at other dealers in the Sacramento area going for 30k to 32k for way more miles and less options. So, I love carmax too... I love that this has the built in nav and bluetooth phone option. My wifes new Corvette didn't come with S&%T in it.

i paid 27,599 for my 05 CE with 5000 miles form carmax.

so i can say i love carmax to.

well in the uk i paid

£38.000 which equals $72.550

it was 15 months old with 2000 miles

traded my f150 harley and never looked back

we in uk have it bad

these are rare over here never seen another one on road

For lots of items the internet seems to have taken a national marketplace
and brought it onto everyones desktop.I buy and sell lots of things on Ebay . Things that I can safely gather enough info from through photos and descriptions that I would make me feel 99% certain of the products representation.
But a used car? I would think most people shopping for one would like to see it first hand before they fork over a sizeable investment. I'm not talking about a new car from a dealer. There you pretty much know what your getting.
If I wanted to buy one of these trucks ..used .. I would want to see it. My point is that there's a terratorial component to the valuation of these trucks.
When I bought my CE I did a 100 mile search ( furthest I was willing to drive) and worked with those prices. I tried to use lower prices of vehicles
from other parts of the country but the dealers were not interested in this type of bargaining and basically told me to " go there".
Also consider the overseas buyer. American cars and trucks are the hot item for them right now due to the valuation of the Euro. 1 Euro =1.45 USD. These people are coming here and having a field day. I was surprised when that dude from Germany showed up at my front door to buy my NRunner. America is for sale! Not just cars either, its everything.
So not to worry .Just because some smuck in Oshkosh USA sold his truck for
some amount doesn't mean that it will affect you.:D

Steve

Last edited:
Pretty happy with the price I got mine for. The interior needs some work and I need to replace some missing items. I got my 04 RC it for 22,700 with 43k. I have figured out that I am owner number 4.

The only draw back I have had has been that I broke my leg shortly after getting it and was not able to drive until about a month ago. I have been making up for lost time ever since.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back