X-Metal Gen 4 Shifter

OsirruZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill be pulling it out of my truck as soon as I come in from offshore tuesday. I have modified it slightly. The very bottom of the shifter, the pivot ball has been ground down an 1/8 of an inch. Since Ive modified it Ill sell it a lot cheaper than the going rate. Since Im in the middle fo the gulf I dont have pictures but as soon as I get in Ill get some. Ill let it go for 150 plus shipping.

Bruce

It was ground down because once installed I could not get it into any gear. I thought it was possible I had done something wrong but my best friend is a Dodge tech. He came by to look at it. He reinstalled it and still nothing. We ground a little off the pivot ball and now it hits every gear as supposed to. I thought it was quite strange since I bought it from another member on here. He didn't have any issues with it. But he has the Viper hydraulics from JMB which I do not. It worked prefectly for me as long as motor wasnt running, but when you would crank it up it wouldnt go in gear. Grinding the ball down did the trick and made it work.

I cant get use to it pivoting while shifting though, which is why I want to get rid of it.

Yes, shifting from 1st to 2nd you can feel it. Dont notice it much when going from 2nd to 3rd, but again from 3rd to fourth. It pisses me off. It's very slight but I just cant get use to the slight pivoting. It's something to do with the way the shifter itself was made. It's not only mine, all of these model shifters do it.

Last edited:
I really like that pivot or slight twist....just feels good and solid to me...the Gen 4 is a good shifter and I bet whoever buys it will be happy...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back