X metal gen x shifter

streetwedg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lost all gears while in traffic and pulling trailer. Had to get towed home. Thought I was gonna have to pull trans but found this.

Last edited:
Well that sucks!

Did that shaft break or did it come unscrewed?
I have the same shifter, so far no issues.
I doubt Boomer is willing to do anything about it.
The quality control on these I thought was not good.
The threads on the knob area were oversize on many. Boomer's answer was to "just chase the threads with a Die". That's fine with me as I know how to do that and have a Tap & Die set but it was His mistake. What about all the members that don't have any experience doing such a thing. He should have sent a Die to all that bought and complained. this shifter was $400.00 new with his special Discount! Then we got charged $55.00 shipping if I remember correctly.
I'm sure he enjoyed all the money he made off of us!
A Customer is someone who is willing to buy from you again.
Boomer should learn this.
He lost a lot of "Customers"!

Did that shaft break or did it come unscrewed?
I have the same shifter, so far no issues.
I doubt Boomer is willing to do anything about it.
The quality control on these I thought was not good.
The threads on the knob area were oversize on many. Boomer's answer was to "just chase the threads with a Die". That's fine with me as I know how to do that and have a Tap & Die set but it was His mistake. What about all the members that don't have any experience doing such a thing. He should have sent a Die to all that bought and complained. this shifter was $400.00 new with his special Discount! Then we got charged $55.00 shipping if I remember correctly.
I'm sure he enjoyed all the money he made off of us!
A Customer is someone who is willing to buy from you again.
Boomer should learn this.
He lost a lot of "Customers"!

Who's Boomer for us who weren't around then.

Who's Boomer for us who weren't around then.

Boomer was one of the original VTCOA vendors. My impression was that he had some good ideas, but mediocre execution and poor customer service did him in.

The shaft broke. Yea, I had a hard time parting with the cash for it , even back then. (I was still working)I never used his shifter handle, it's still in the box. I've always used a pistol grip shifter handle from gun slinger.

I've had that gtx since 1987 matching #s California car, gold with gold int, gold vinal top, & gold stripe

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back