X-METAL LOWERING IS THE AWSOME

Cowboy-Up

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JUST PUT THE KIT ON MY 06 AND I LOVE IT , THE RIDE IS STILL SMOOTH, THE LOOK IS KILLER, AND THE HANDLING PERFORMCE IS INCREDIBLE!!!!! THERE IS A SET OF S CURVES ON A ROAD WHERE I LIVE THE SET SPEED IS 55 MPH, BOOOOO!!! AFTER THE KIT I HAVE TAKIN IT AT 90 MPH , WITH NO PROBLEM!!! TO ALL WHO DONT HAVE IT , GET ONE AND YALL WILL LOVE IT.

king daddy said:
JUST PUT THE KIT ON MY 06 AND I LOVE IT , THE RIDE IS STILL SMOOTH, THE LOOK IS KILLER, AND THE HANDLING PERFORMCE IS INCREDIBLE!!!!! THERE IS A SET OF S CURVES ON A ROAD WHERE I LIVE THE SET SPEED IS 55 MPH, BOOOOO!!! AFTER THE KIT I HAVE TAKIN IT AT 90 MPH , WITH NO PROBLEM!!! TO ALL WHO DONT HAVE IT , GET ONE AND YALL WILL LOVE IT.

Sweet, how low did you go?

Any bumpsteer issues?

WILL HAVE PIC, TOMORROW ,I HAVE NO STEERING PROBLEMS AT ALL . AS FAR AS BOTTOMING OUT , NO .

O TO BIG PERM , I WENT WITH THE 2 IN DROP. IT MIGHT NOT SEEM LIKE A LOT BUT WHEN YALL SEE THE BEFORE AND AFTER PIC YALL FELLOW VIPER LOVERS I HOPE WILL SAY HELLLLLLLLLLLLLL YAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

So you did 2" front and rear or just the rear?

Pics please!!!

I'm afraid to lower mine for I've already scratched the bottom of the front lip on my driveway as it sits stock.

I went with the 2/4 drop X-Metal.

I seen a Night Runner RAM last week, and I was sitting on the ground compared to his height, but mine has the mean aggressive look, good for at least another 10hp.

Here are a couple pics.

sgt_bo said:
I went with the 2/4 drop X-Metal.

I seen a Night Runner RAM last week, and I was sitting on the ground compared to his height, but mine has the mean aggressive look, good for at least another 10hp.

Here are a couple pics.
So as I understand this now- your truck has Caltrac Bars with the 2/4" drop? How did you get the Caltracs to work? I was advised against using the Caltracs with no more than 1" drop- anything more and axle wrap will occur near the axle- as told to me by Calvert Racing- The makers of the Caltrac bars....:dontknow:

HaulinAsp said:
So as I understand this now- your truck has Caltrac Bars with the 2/4" drop? How did you get the Caltracs to work? I was advised against using the Caltracs with no more than 1" drop- anything more and axle wrap will occur near the axle- as told to me by Calvert Racing- The makers of the Caltrac bars....:dontknow:

I have not had any issues with it. Boomer and his crew installed it for me, and I have put over 2000 miles on it. Hard miles at that. So far so good. I do get the squeek, but i will try and get that resolved. the ride is good, the stance is excellent. Can not complain and lots of compliments....

sgt_bo said:
I have not had any issues with it. Boomer and his crew installed it for me, and I have put over 2000 miles on it. Hard miles at that. So far so good. I do get the squeek, but i will try and get that resolved. the ride is good, the stance is excellent. Can not complain and lots of compliments....
No mods to these Caltrac Assemblies whatsoever? I was considering a different spring pack or a de-arched set, I really would like a monoleaf back there....... I want to do a 2" drop front and rear....:dontknow:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back