X-Metal TB BOLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CubanEvo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:mad: so im selling my TB to a member on the forums I was going to take it off today and I noticed 3 out of the 4 bolts are striped how the hell can i get this basterd out?????:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

CubanEvo said:
No the 4 that connect the TB to the intake manifold

WTF:dontknow: How did that happen? Get an easy out and some new bolts;)

If its jsut the head of the bolt stripped, take a torx socket and hammer it on the head it should come out that way, ;)

Stinker said:
If its jsut the head of the bolt stripped, take a torx socket and hammer it on the head it should come out that way, ;)

Will i have enough room to hammer in a torx socket for the 2 bolts on the bottom??

Worst case, grind the head of the bolt off with a dremel. Better solution is to center punch the bolt head and drill it off. Drill into the shaft of the bolt, and when the drill bit gets deep enough, it will turn the remaining bolt head into a doughnut on the drill bit.

Then the throttle body will come off, and a pair of pliers can grab the remaining bolt shaft.

go to sears, craftsman makes some sockets that will get them off.its about 80.00 for sa set of 4 sockets but they work maricle's.

CubanEvo said:
OK shes not coming out looks like the truck didn't want to give it up.. LOL

Bring it over tomorrow, I'll get them for ya!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back