X-Metal Throttle Body.....

jrgnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know why some folks don't get any increase with their throttle body. But I can tell that on my truck it's making a huge difference. After installing it which was extremely quick, I went for a ride and stump it while cruising at 60 MPH. I lost traction up until 75 MPH.

The engine sound is quite different and the A/F is 11.9 at 5900 RPM in second gear. When it hits third it drops all the way to 10.

I am pretty sure that I need to retune it...anyway the performance increase is incredible....

Will go to the track soon....

Wow... there is nothing I can do to make my truck loose traction above 30mph. My understanding, even from the manufacturer's own testimony, is that hp gains from the TB are rather mild. In my case, I could not feel enough of a difference to speak of... but every little bit helps.

Plus it looks great! :)

SRT-MIKE said:
Wow... there is nothing I can do to make my truck loose traction above 30mph. My understanding, even from the manufacturer's own testimony, is that hp gains from the TB are rather mild. In my case, I could not feel enough of a difference to speak of... but every little bit helps.

The real test will be in the track...:burnout: Hopefully next weekend....

I LOVE MINE THE TROTLE RESPONSE COMES MUCH FASTER..... AND I'M PRETTY SURE IT HELPED @ THE TRACK...... :rock: :rock:

mauiSRT/10 said:
Nice Jr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to getting mine!

patrick

I am planning to go to MIR this week...Hoping to go 10s on stock reciprocating parts...That is if the weather permits...

SRT-MIKE said:
Wow... there is nothing I can do to make my truck loose traction above 30mph. :)

Betcha I can. Bring it up my way.:D :p :D

SRT-MIKE said:

Sure you can...Get yourself a auto...and 4.56 or 4.88 gears....That should do it...

Gee, no sign of Brady yet ???? :dontknow: :dontknow: :D

Glad you like your TB :rock: Mine is still waiting installation :rolleyes:

Wifey said:

Hint, hint.....hubby....:D :D :D

Wifey said:

Tell Yetti there are 4 bolts in it... he actually won't need his chain shaw....:p and better without his fish bowl on his head... is no sight with that TB on the trailer hook.... :eek: :hmmmm2: :hahaha: :joyman:

SRT-MIKE said:
Wow... there is nothing I can do to make my truck loose traction above 30mph.

Don't want to Ho up the thread but even with all of the traction work I have done, if I hit the throttle too hard in second gear in the 40-50 mph area it just goes up in smoke...have you had your truck on a dyno?

Prof said:
Don't want to Ho up the thread but even with all of the traction work I have done, if I hit the throttle too hard in second gear in the 40-50 mph area it just goes up in smoke...have you had your truck on a dyno?

If I sink my foot in 2nd at 40-50mph, it will just grab and launch like a missile. The only way it will break loose like that is if the pavement is unusually smooth, if it is damp or slick, or if my tires are worn out.

As far as the tune, I did have it dyno tuned, and two weeks ago I installed the new program from Roe. The difference was minimal, the truck is still fast as hell, but it will not break loose as easily as some of the trucks in here unless the road conditions are prime for it.

Maybe the heat of the south makes the roads softer and stickier than those salted-over hard & smooth yankee lanes... ;)

SRT-MIKE said:
If I sink my foot in 2nd at 40-50mph, it will just grab and launch like a missile. The only way it will break loose like that is if the pavement is unusually smooth, if it is damp or slick, or if my tires are worn out.

As far as the tune, I did have it dyno tuned, and two weeks ago I installed the new program from Roe. The difference was minimal, the truck is still fast as hell, but it will not break loose as easily as some of the trucks in here unless the road conditions are prime for it.

Maybe the heat of the south makes the roads softer and stickier than those salted-over hard & smooth yankee lanes... ;)

I guess I should have mentioned that it was done in 50 F weather...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back