X-Metal woes...

Good thing you guys caught it in time, it would have been disastrous if they came apart on the freeway. I didn't use X-metals so I haven't had any issues with mine.

I have yet to install my rear lowering kit. The U bolts I have and blocks are from The mopar connection I think. Pretty solid blocks and the bolts look real close to yours, Ant.

Good info to have on checking them periodically.

Alberta-SRT said:
OUCH That sounds painfull
I'ma Baaaaddddd Maannnn:D

All alum blocks pretty much look the same only diffrent is some come with an angle cut at the bottom of them to correct your pinnion angle... but thats a awhole other story:elefant:

Tooloe said:
tonys U bolt kits are the shit... not gonna lie.. ask him when i was installing mine... i called to make sure the U bolts were correct they are F'n huge

Yea they are ....

Dude I got my blocks for the back from stinky today and shit each block is gonna add 10lbs to each axle:elefant: no but they are solid literaly all solid and the Ubolts are like clydsdale horse shoes very thick shit, but the caltracs come with some big ass ubolts also.:itsme: :aetsch: Good shite manerd.

WOW i better tighten the screws on my xmetal srt-10 door sills,,,,o hell i cant ,,,cause i payed for them and never got them ,,,,nevermind:mad:

It does not matter who's kit it is. You have to re-torque the u-bolts after a couple hundred miles. If you don't, you run the risk of the nuts backing off.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back