x pipe h pipe question

Dustin1515

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so i have mopar long tubes with mopar catless mids and strait pipes behind it and my truck sounds like a honda so i put the stock muffler back in and now my truck just sounds like shit lol someone told me if you put an x pipe or h pipe in it will sound much better with strait pipes is this true? if so can anyone give me a sound clip? also where do i get either of these

You need to get a Magnaflow muffler or maybe Borla...the truck wont sound right with straight pipes or the stock muffler...you may even have to put resonators on it to get the "shriel" out.....I changed from the Bassani headers to the Mopars and it changed my exhaust completely....I have a custom duel that used the Magnaflow and got close to V-8 sound.....not now though..

I can sympathize with you on how the mopar long tubes sound with the stock cat back as that's what I am running. I am in the same boat, trying to figure out if I want to just go with the magnaflow system or build my own.

Hey Dustin,
Did you get your Mopar long tube headers and catless mid pipes coated with something from Jet Hot, etc before installing? If so where? Also, who did your stereo install?
Thanks!
Dan

Dustin1515 said:
Ok so i have mopar long tubes with mopar catless mids and strait pipes behind it and my truck sounds like a honda so i put the stock muffler back in and now my truck just sounds like shit lol someone told me if you put an x pipe or h pipe in it will sound much better with strait pipes is this true? if so can anyone give me a sound clip? also where do i get either of these

If it were me, I'd dump the straight pipes and go buy a Mopar or Borla cat back. FYI: it comes with a H-pipe already welded in, ahead of the mufflers. The system is T304 although the tail pipes are light gauge (something like 16 or so). Plan on welding the setup -- clamps aren't that great.

FastRam said:
If it were me, I'd dump the straight pipes and go buy a Mopar or Borla cat back. FYI: it comes with a H-pipe already welded in, ahead of the mufflers. The system is T304 although the tail pipes are light gauge (something like 16 or so). Plan on welding the setup -- clamps aren't that great.
:dito: I ran the Magnaflow catback with that setup and got too much drone at 3-4k rpm swicthed to a Mopar/Borla Catback and got a great sound with much less drone!:)

What do flowmaster's sound like on this truck?

Order the Borla cat back or muffler and be done with it. :D I tried a few, and Borla sounds the best IMO.

guyrobert said:
:dito: I ran the Magnaflow catback with that setup and got too much drone at 3-4k rpm swicthed to a Mopar/Borla Catback and got a great sound with much less drone!:)

Yep, I currently have the stock manifolds and catted mids. But, the Mopar by itself sounds great and no drone. My last truck (GM) had terrible drone...

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back