X pipe question

Sancho

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok so I put in an X pipe, two Dynomax race bullet mufflers and deleted the resonator. The truck sounds awesome, but I want it louder. Since I live in CA and need to get my truck smogged I was thinking of having a custom 3 inch straight pipe cat back exhaust with no mufflers. Do I really need the X pipe? What does it actually do? I know it equalizes the pressure but does it affect the sound? I WANT IT LOUD!!!!

Ok so I put in an X pipe, two Dynomax race bullet mufflers and deleted the resonator. The truck sounds awesome, but I want it louder. Since I live in CA and need to get my truck smogged I was thinking of having a custom 3 inch straight pipe cat back exhaust with no mufflers. Do I really need the X pipe? What does it actually do? I know it equalizes the pressure but does it affect the sound? I WANT IT LOUD!!!!

Yes it does change the sound, you'll want to have an x or h in there somewhere, if you want loud stick some cut-outs on it

Even when it's LOUD it will not have that V-8 sound.:)

want loud?????

3" PowerSticks:rock::rock::rock:

Cutouts are the way to go.

Can have open headers at the flip of a switch. And still be smog legal when the need arises.

Thanks guys, I went to 3 shops and and got prices. I ended up by getting an X pipe, and 3 inch pipe for only $350 it sounds louder than my dynomax race bullets I had before and it will still be smog legal.

Thanks guys, I went to 3 shops and and got prices. I ended up by getting an X pipe, and 3 inch pipe for only $350 it sounds louder than my dynomax race bullets I had before and it will still be smog legal.

Cool post up a vid

Yeah I wanna hear it too. Also a 2nd gear WOT pull from inside the truck!

either way she sounds gooooood:rock::rock::rock:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back