X-PIPE vs H-PIPE

cdbull03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone running an x-pipe on there 10? Currently i am running true duals, 2 cat delete and its underneath the cab until i decide what to run. I had an h-pipe right before the tips and it was also stopped underneath the cab with the tips angled down. But the h-pipe broke so for now its all separate? Any suggestions on which to replace back with?

FSTJACK said:
A high quality X pipe is the better choice. It will give you more real world HP & TQ.

x2 X pipes make for a much cleaner looking install, as well as more power:D

Wish I had an X on the Mopar exhaust, we have to live with the H unless we mod it... :)

The "H" style worked great for me.

I don't know ,
since I am not an expert,:D
but I have read that the "H" gives more torque and the "X" gives more HP :dontknow:

Either is better than keeping them separated

Venom Power just got an X pipe installed on his and he loves it, I have not had a chance to meet up with him to hear it, but ask him.

I ran both on my 5.2 Ram. There was supposed to be a big difference with the X but, you couldn't feel any difference. There may have been a few hp difference on a dyno.

where can i get these x2 x-pipes please?

Any good exhaust shop can build an X pipe for your truck. Or, you can buy one from Summit Racing according to your pipe size but the exhaust shop is cheaper.

Like Fahrenheit said, I got a 3" inlet/outlet Magnaflow X-pipe from JEG's and had it installed right before the Powersticks. HUGE difference... It sounds cleaner and corrects the raspy sound the Powersticks caused. There's a noticable performance improvment as well. Now the only part of the exhaust that's still 2 1/2" is the area around the the cats. But JMB highflow mids will take care of that.

Xlerator muffler I installed has di/do with X pipe inside and is hi-flow. Sounds deep and exotic..

JTS VENOM PERFORMANCE said:
I know its not theh greatest price , but I can ship the maggy 3 inch x pipe for $90:)

That's a better price shipped than I paid. I recommend these for sure.

From what I have read the X is "Suppose" to Scavenge a little better than the H pipe. I don't have any numbers to back it up just what I have found on the net.

Da1Chief said:
From what I have read the X is "Suppose" to Scavenge a little better than the H pipe. I don't have any numbers to back it up just what I have found on the net.

According to exhaust velocity theories, this is true, however I like the straight through mufflers design of the mopar/borla vs a di do single muffler. The h pipe is supposed to provide balance between the two banks, albeit I don't think it scavenges as well as the x pipe. I do have some wicked exhaust velocity already comming out my exhaust tips with this set-up, so I don't think it would be that much of a difference to change out the h-pipe in the mopar/borla for an x pipe.

I think the reason why they went with an h pipe instead of an x pipe with the mopar borla is because the two exhaust banks arent equal length at that point, the drivers side has a little further piping cause it comes from the drivers side all the way to the passengers side. This is where the h-pipe comes in handy in balancing the two banks. IMO for the x pipe to work properly it has to be a true X set up and equal length piping going into the x pipe, meaning the entire exhaust set up looks like a big X and the actuall x-pipe would be in the middle of the truck. Main thing is the piping be equal length before going into the X-pipe. Just my $.02

thanks for the information guys and as usual you all make good points on both sides....

ViperPowa said:
According to exhaust velocity theories, this is true, however I like the straight through mufflers design of the mopar/borla vs a di do single muffler. The h pipe is supposed to provide balance between the two banks, albeit I don't think it scavenges as well as the x pipe. I do have some wicked exhaust velocity already comming out my exhaust tips with this set-up, so I don't think it would be that much of a difference to change out the h-pipe in the mopar/borla for an x pipe.

I think the reason why they went with an h pipe instead of an x pipe with the mopar borla is because the two exhaust banks arent equal length at that point, the drivers side has a little further piping cause it comes from the drivers side all the way to the passengers side. This is where the h-pipe comes in handy in balancing the two banks. IMO for the x pipe to work properly it has to be a true X set up and equal length piping going into the x pipe, meaning the entire exhaust set up looks like a big X and the actuall x-pipe would be in the middle of the truck. Main thing is the piping be equal length before going into the X-pipe. Just my $.02

Thanks a lot... The Logic and the way you described it help me wrap my mind around the concept. I guess I should just be happy with the H pipe and give the Mopar/Borla engineers credit for design and testing. :)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back