XBOX 360 or PS3

Manic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had a Wii but the ex kept it... :mad:

Looking at a Xbox 360 or PS3 for an early Christmas gift later this fall... :rock:

Which one, looking for your input gamer guru's?:burnout:

Wil

Thanks Venom,

Looks like the main issue is the price. I am not looking to buy for another month or so. Hopefully, Sony will drop their price by then.

Most of the games seem to be available between the two systems so that isn't as much of an issue to me.

Time will tell...

Wil

I think XBOX 360 ..... I love mine.... I prefer the Wii or the XBOX over PS3.....

I'd LIKE to check out the Wii, but apparently it's hard to get one now.. Can anyone say eBay?

I checked out the demo for Conan on XBOX Live last night.. Awesome.. And Call of Duty 5 will be out soon as well.. Also on XBOX Live Arcade you can download old vintage Atari games and arcade games from the old days to store them on your hard drive for future play. I can't get enough of my 360..

i have both. if you are into movies and have a HDTV, get the PS3 for the blu ray. I like the fact that the PS3 has the "playstation network" which means you can play on line w/ friends and it doesn't charge you. so those are 2 good reasons to pick up the PS3. Also it is wireless, no cords anywhere except when you charge the controllers. now for the down side. Price. and only Price.

360, isn't that good in my eyes. They do have more games, but if you are into playing on line, then you have to get the wireless adapter. Which is $100, and not all that great. you have to either buy rechargeable batteries OR keep on buying batteries. also NO Blu Ray. at least no yet.

if it where my money, get the PS3. no matter which one you decide on....
HAPPY GAMING!!

I have to admit that I am a fan of the PS3...its just more versatile all the way around. The game selection is for a wider audience and the Blu Ray is AWESOME....I have an old X-box and it just didnt get played as often as my PS2 or PS3.

I now own a PS2, PS3, X-Box (old one) and a Wii and the PS3 is by far my favorite!! Plus you can link it up with a PSP...which I have also.

(I'm really not a big gamer, just tryin' to keep up with the Jones's!!:))

i have a elite xbox 360 for sale used only a couple weeks. two wireless elite controlers rechargable, head set, all the cables. pm me if interested.

Last edited:
Venom Power said:
PS3 is in trouble... This video clip should help you decide.
http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/playback/playback-14/1248334

I'd go for the 360. More and more
awsome
games keep coming out for it..
No Offense Venom (I know it wasn't written by you lol), but the video was clearly bias. What was the solid evidence of why the Xbox was so much more dominant then the PS3???..I didnt see any.

His reasoning that the Wii was SO GREAT was because it was "flying off shelves"?!?! You can get one from compusa.com lol Im not even going to compare the Wii with the Xbox or PS3 as its not even on the same level....

As for the Xbox - Of course people are going to continue purchasing them...they keep dropping the price!

PS3 (IMHO) is a much better system..and I will back it up with facts:

The PS3 has 256MB of main memory plus 256MB of video memory while the Xbox 360 shares 512MB between the CPU and GPU. The memory bandwidth of the PS3 is 25.6GB/s versus 22.4GB/s for the Xbox 360. Combining the CPU and GPU power, the Playstation 3 is rated at 51 billion dot-product-operations-per-second (dpo/s). The Xbox 360 is rated at 34 billion dpo/s.

The PS3 optical drive is a slot loading Blu-ray BD-ROM drive. It can launch games or play DVD movie discs or Blu-ray movie discs. :burnout:

To play HD movies on the Xbox 360, you must purchase a $199 optional external tray load HD-DVD player that can only be used for DVD or HD-DVD movie playback. The internal tray load optical drive is still required for launching games. :confused:

For movie lovers - The Playstation 3's fans are quieter than the Xbox 360. When first turned on, the PS3 is under 40db while the Xbox hovers at 47db. When a game disc is loaded and the game is running, the PS3 rises to 44db while the Xbox rises to 55db.

The PS3 has an HDMI port and supports 1080p. That comes in handy if you have a Full 1080p TV. In the case of the Xbox 360 the best quality video output is component and maxes at 1080i. (Unless you buy the Elite)

Toslink optical audio ports are available on both consoles. The PS3's audio circuitry can decode up to 7.1 channels of audio in the Dolby Digital, DTS, SACD and Dolby TrueHD formats. The Xbox 360 can only decode up to 5.1 channels of audio in Dolby Digtal and DTS. It down-converts Dolby TrueHD.

The gamepads for the Playstation 3 are smaller and lighter than the Xbox 360's. The PS3 pads are Bluetooth wireless while the Xbox pads are 2.4GHz wireless.

you choose the most dominant system... ;)

RedSrt007 said:
No Offense Venom (I know it wasn't written by you lol), but the video was clearly bias. What was the solid evidence of why the Xbox was so much more dominant then the PS3???..I didnt see any.

His reasoning that the Wii was SO GREAT was because it was "flying off shelves"?!?! You can get one from compusa.com lol Im not even going to compare the Wii with the Xbox or PS3 as its not even on the same level....

As for the Xbox - Of course people are going to continue purchasing them...they keep dropping the price!

The PS3 has 256MB of main memory plus 256MB of video memory while the Xbox 360 shares 512MB between the CPU and GPU. The memory bandwidth of the PS3 is 25.6GB/s versus 22.4GB/s for the Xbox 360. Combining the CPU and GPU power, the Playstation 3 is rated at 51 billion dot-product-operations-per-second (dpo/s). The Xbox 360 is rated at 34 billion dpo/s.

The PS3 optical drive is a slot loading Blu-ray BD-ROM drive. It can launch games or play DVD movie discs or Blu-ray movie discs. :burnout:

To play HD movies on the Xbox 360, you must purchase a $199 optional external tray load HD-DVD player that can only be used for DVD or HD-DVD movie playback. The internal tray load optical drive is still required for launching games. :confused:

For movie lovers - The Playstation 3's fans are quieter than the Xbox 360. When first turned on, the PS3 is under 40db while the Xbox hovers at 47db. When a game disc is loaded and the game is running, the PS3 rises to 44db while the Xbox rises to 55db.

The PS3 has an HDMI port and supports 1080p. That comes in handy if you have a Full 1080p TV. In the case of the Xbox 360 the best quality video output is component and maxes at 1080i. (Unless you buy the Elite)

Toslink optical audio ports are available on both consoles. The PS3's audio circuitry can decode up to 7.1 channels of audio in the Dolby Digital, DTS, SACD and Dolby TrueHD formats. The Xbox 360 can only decode up to 5.1 channels of audio in Dolby Digtal and DTS. It down-converts Dolby TrueHD.

The gamepads for the Playstation 3 are smaller and lighter than the Xbox 360's. The PS3 pads are Bluetooth wireless while the Xbox pads are 2.4GHz wireless.

DAAAAAAYYYYYUUUUUMMMMM!!!! I love NERDS!!!!;) :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

RedSrt007 said:

Well Pat... I.... I stand corrected.. I should have worn my pocket protector before I posted.. My bad. BUT I STILL LOVES ME SOME XBOX...:D

You can talk about memory all day long... but the load times for the PS3 SUCK ASS... feel like I wasted 700 on a piece of shit system. The controlers are too light... heavy is not good, but feeling like you are holding paper mache mock up is not good either. Blu ray is fantastic... free online is a great idea, if it didn't suck all the way around. XB Live is far superior. Right now the PS3 is a shiny paper weight to me.

Great points guys!

At the start, I was leaning towards the PS3. I guess I am a little biased also and I am thinking in the same direction at this time.

Patrick, you forgot to mention that the PS3 has a larger hard drive and Gran Turismo 5 should be out sometime. All this with free online play makes an interesting combination.

I think Sony will make a price adjustment before Christmas, but I doubt it will be much. You definately can't compare any of the systems to the Wii. The Wii is pretty cool but I already had one and want to try something different.

I do prefer the PS3 joysticks, no question about it.

So, I am figuring on the start of November for purchasing one.

Again, thanks to all of you for your input. It is greatly appreciated!

Wil

KINGMADE said:
You can talk about memory all day long... but the load times for the PS3 SUCK ASS... feel like I wasted 700 on a piece of shit system. The controlers are too light... heavy is not good, but feeling like you are holding paper mache mock up is not good either. Blu ray is fantastic... free online is a great idea, if it didn't suck all the way around. XB Live is far superior. Right now the PS3 is a shiny paper weight to me.
but your opinion really doesnt matter you drive a titan:D :D :D :D :D :D

505'sFastestViper. said:
but your opinion really doesnt matter you drive a titan:D :D :D :D :D :D

Well then you won't mind me calling you an asshole ;)

I have the wii and the ps3, and my brother has the xbox. We both like the ps3 better. I rarly play my wii any more.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back