Xmetal TB problem

faslane505

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i put on an x metal throttle body. at idol..it is sticking just a tad. i have to give some good pressure on the pedal to free it up.just before i cam home...if i put in the clutch it was sticking at aroud 1250rpm until i tapped the pedal...and then i fall normal. is this a common problem? is there a quick fix like shave a couple .0001 off the butterfly?

Last edited:
Loosen up the screws that hold the blade. Then take some binder paper. Rip it into two pieces. open throotle body and insert on both sides and close and tighen. when you get done hold it up tp a light in the close position. you should see light all the way around.

I used a couple of bunjie cords to assist the spring to keep it from sticking :D

JK....

Noid's got it ....centering the blade is critical...mine doesnt stick at all.

The instructions listed the paper shim when installing the blade. Take your time and be certain you get the blade centered and you should not have any problems.

Bill.

Begood said:
The instructions listed the paper shim when installing the blade. Take your time and be certain you get the blade centered and you should not have any problems.

Bill.

perhaps a remark-question for everybody .. is the blade symmetrical :dontknow: ... i mean CAN you mount it wrong ??? except ofcourse for shimming ....:rock:

belgiumbarry said:
perhaps a remark-question for everybody .. is the blade symmetrical :dontknow: ... i mean CAN you mount it wrong ??? except ofcourse for shimming ....:rock:
It is symmetrical, you just have to make sure it is centered and you should not have any problems.

Bill.

Mine was a tiny bit sticky, drove it for the summer, no sticky no more...... It was so suttle, I was not going to take the whole thing off for just that. The only thing I notice with mine is the idle when it is shut off, parked for a few min, and than started again is slow to come down when I am shifting, so it sounds like I don't know how to srive a stick. Which I don't, I prefer women, but......well you know.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back