XPipe and Catback - Benefits?

XPipe or Full Duals

• Go dual. The cats are too restrictive for anything to make a difference.

Votes: 15 75.0%
  • Go X. XPipes make enough difference to count.

Votes: 5 25.0%

• Total voters

v8eater

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While my truck is still down, I'm thinking "How can I come back with a bang?" so I'm looking into an exhaust upgrade.

I'm going to assemble a relatively loud catback with one remaining decision to make:

Since I'm leaving the cats on and complete, will an XPipe make any HP gain? I'm sure it will backrapp more and sound a bit cooler (in my POV) running full duals. But, if I'm going to see some gains by running an X I'll go that way.

So, whaddya say... Is an XPipe friendly with our 4 loaded cats?

Last edited:
the front cats are VERY restricting.at the VERY least get some high flows:rock:

I am not sure of the validity of this that I heard recently. I was at a local brake/exhaust shop getting my PF pads installed. The owner of the shop previously removed cats from a VTCoA member's truck and probably studied the interior. When I asked him about installing some high-flows on my #1900, HE said the current stock cats are already high-flows. WTF? Keep in mind the cats he removed previously were off of an '05 RC so could there be a difference between '04 cats and '05 cats? He already pointed out the differences in the brakes between '04 and '05 so I am wondering if he has a leg to stand on regarding the cats.:dontknow:

Venom Power said:
Bump! I just HAVE to see a response to what I said.

on each side there is two cats on all srt's, one is actually very high flowing, the other however is a tightly wound aluminum and very very restrictive.

removing it and you gain around 15-20 some odd hp at the tires

Stinker said:
on each side there is two cats on all srt's, one is actually very high flowing, the other however is a tightly wound aluminum and very very restrictive.

:withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid: :withstupid:

Stinker said:

so which one's which (front one or rear one) ???

I've been running around for a while with no Mufflers and No Cats. It's just the headers/mids and the borla i removed because i don't like the sound or look of the tail pipe. There is 3" pipe running to the back with the stock tips.

It is loud and resonates like a mother in the cab, but i'm getting used to having the Straight Pipes and i'm not sure if i'm going to put anything in place. Then again i'm single and don't use this truck as my daily driver :) Any highway driving would make you go nuts :vollkommenauf:

IMO - The cats gotta go!!

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back