Yamaha V-Max

Roz

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A guy here at work has one and wants to see how the truck rolls out. I'm curious how I will fare against it?

Note: I know shit about it. I know its NOT a "crotch rocket" but it does have a 1200cc engine. . .

They are very fast for their time. If I am correct, some where in the low 12's to high 11's.

Manic said:
They are very fast for their time. If I am correct, some where in the low 12's to high 11's.
depending on the year. they are high 10's.

Very quick bike..Doubt you have anything for him bud.

SHIT! I am going to lose my ass!

This same guy has a old stock 280Z car, he swears he'll beat me in it too. I figured this guy didn't know the true concept of "speed".

Hopefully he can't ride . . .

mcrodney said:
depending on the year. they are high 10's.

Thanks Mcrodney, I wasn't sure if they were that fast. All I remember is that I really wanted one when I was a wee lad and now that I can afford one they are just too uncomfortable for my long legs.

Whats the deal behind them? This thing isn't that old. Is one of the trendy "naked" bikes?

Is it like a faringless R1?

regardless of whether it's a crotch rocket or not... in a straight line bikes are hella fast... I have a 1300 FJR, it's not a crotch rocket but in a straight line it's a rocket.. I've never taken it to the track... but 1'st gear gets me to 60 second gear gets me to ~90 third is prolly 120 I've never had it past there.... but I'm guessing it's ~10.5 -11...

I gotta 92 hawk that'll prolly give these trucks a run for their money lol and it's a 750 :p

p.s. they still make the v-max... it's their musclebike :)
http://www.starmotorcycles.com/star/products/modelhome/23/0/home.aspx
I'd personally buy the warrior before it but <shrug>

Last edited:
tidnab said:
regardless of whether it's a crotch rocket or not... in a straight line bikes are hella fast... I have a 1300 FJR, it's not a crotch rocket but in a straight line it's a rocket.. I've never taken it to the track... but 1'st gear gets me to 60 second gear gets me to ~90 third is prolly 120 I've never had it past there.... but I'm guessing it's ~10.5 -11...

Never underestimate a FJR... :eek: :( My best friend has one ane it's always a good race against my FZ1...

iwantmysrt said:
Thats pretty identical to his, scoops and all.

I bit off than I can chew! :D

Yep! :D All good, take your lumps on this one. :)

Manic said:
Yep! :D All good, take your lumps on this one. :)

Oh well, I can't back out now!

I told him I would take him for a ride in the truck first, then he can tell me what the outcome will be.

:( :)

iwantmysrt said:
Oh well, I can't back out now!

I told him I would take him for a ride in the truck first, then he can tell me what the outcome will be.

:( :)
i had an 88 that was not stock. bought it off a notre dame kid that bought it brand new at max pitts and had lots of motor work including nos put on it. he rode it one time and shit his pants. i never had it at the track or refilled the bottles and never lost a race on it on the street. the original commercial when the vmax came out in 1986 lined it up with a f16 and until the wheels of the f16 left the ground they were side by side. was said to pull 9gs full throttle threw the gears.

iwantmysrt said:
Damn x 3.
yeah didnt want to tell ya i beat a viper car with mine. it was a bad beat too.

dude just tell him you want to roll from 40 mph, the vmax is boosted at that point and unless the guy is an excellent rider, his rear tire should go up in smoke.
thats your only chance:D

Stinker said:
dude just tell him you want to roll from 40 mph, the vmax is boosted at that point and unless the guy is an excellent rider, his rear tire should go up in smoke.
thats your only chance:D

Ah-hah!! Tip de-jour!

I'll take any chance I can get!

Yep rode my share , they are a BLAST!

but yeah if he nails it from around 40mph, rear tire gets no adhesion to the asphalt:D

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back