Yamaha YZF 426

OCBob

VIPER POWERED
Reaction score
I think I might need to sell the YZ that I have here. It's a 2001. The bike has real low hours, it hasn't been ridden in about 7 years. It was my Brother's bike, and my plan has always been to keep it but things have gotten to the point where we need to keep a roof over our heads and it's about all I've got left to sell.

It's in real good shape overall. Been dropped a couple of times (it is a dirt bike hehe), has some pretty minor scratches but no major damage. It hasn't been started in a couple of years, so the carb might need to be gone through as there's probably a good chance it is gummed up. Other than that it's a great bike.

I'll try to get some pics, but don't have a camera right now. I'll see what I can do if anyone is interested.

I'm not sure what to ask for it. Looks like it's not worth what I thought it would be. I'd like to get close to $2k for it at least. I really hate selling this thing, but like I said don't have a whole lot of choice at the moment. I would love to find a buyer that would be willing to sell it back later at what I get for it, as it does have a ton of sentimental value for me.

Anyway, if anyone is interested let me know and I'll see what I can do about pics, or if local to SoCal you could come by and check it out.

Last edited:
Bob, how many hours on the bike? Is it all original and showroom condition other than a few scratches? Are the following original or replaced by aftermarket parts:

Chain
Sprockets
Tires
Seat
Graphics
Exhaust
Plastic fenders
Wheels
Hubs
Brake and Clutch levers
...and on and on.

Some original stuff is junk and will have to be replaced and some is the best option available. They are just like Harley's in that they need upgrades to weak parts. Then again, if the original stuff is still in working condition, that tells how pristine the bike is. I raced these exact YZF 426 bikes from 2000 to 2005. They are the original bikes that led to the extinction of the 2 Strokes by winning AMA championships against all the 2 Strokes. You have a cool bike there. Sentimental to me as well. The modern day 4 Strokes are so different than 2 Strokes and the bike you have for sale is the first of all the 4 Strokes in the modern era. Cool bike. Post pics! I just want to see my baby again. I was never good about taking pictures. I have a few but none from when she was a virgin right off the showroom floor. Most of my pics are race photos so she is all muddy.

I should clarify something. The bike you have is not the first model year but it is of the same generation. I miss my bike. I guess I will just go stare at my all aluminum Honda 450F and that will make everything okay again. I'm sitting at home in a hard cast because I just had corrective surgery to my ankle. My subtalar joint was fused because the joint was beyond repair. I think I will be walking without pain for the first time in 8 or 10 weeks. It has been three long years walking on what felt like a permanently sprained ankle. My Yamaha 426 never hurt me like the Honda has. I got a long better with my 2002 426 than I ever have with another bike.:eek: :marchmellow: :eek: :marchmellow: :eek: :marchmellow: :eek: :marchmellow: :eek: :marchmellow: :confused: :confused: :confused: ;) :dontknow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow: :marchmellow:

Don't have a camera to take pics right now. The bike is stock. My brother rode it sparingly, never raced just trails. I'd be surprised if it has 40 hours on it.

C'mon folks. $1500 is a deal on this bike I believe. I will buy it back within the next 6 months at $2000. There is no way I would even consider selling this thing if it weren't dire. Think about it, you get to ride a badass dirt bike for 6 months and make $500 in the process. Tough to beat that.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back