Yes, another muffler/exhaust question...sorry guys

mikeH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok ive been able to piece together a lot of info with exhaust systems, but I have a few remaining questions that I cant find straight-forward answers to...

1. Does anyone have Headers-Catless mids-and kept a STOCK muffler..?? :confused: How do you like the sound? How much louder should I be expecting?

If I switch the muffler out:

2. What does the LENGTH of the race style mufflers do to the exhaust tone? Different tone the longer/shorter they are?? :dontknow:

Anyone tried Kooks race mufflers..?? Looking at R300-10 and R300-14
(also looking at the XR-1's, Corsa's and Spins too)

I will have Bassani headers and Catless mids-just trying to decide which route to take! Thank you guys!!

Ok, let me try real quick to help ya. First off, I wanna let you know about the mufflers I've found and used in all of my exhaust installs. Dubbed "Snakebite" mufflers mine offer the deepest, most V-8/V10 sound on the market as I've tried most out there!!
Check my thread I'd you haven't heard mine ;)

Our trucks can sound Raspy real easy. A high pitched, popping sound, resembling a V-6, this is usually produced by a round/oval tube style muffler (Ala Magnablow/Glasspack/Borla/Corsa)
A deep sound can be had with your selection of headers and factory muffler and take off resonator. Or you can remove muffler and use resonator as muffler as well for a hair less deep tone. Often the factory muffler can sound like a UPS truck which is :(

I've found a Chambered (rectangle/Square) sounds best out there and less restrictive than fiberglass/steel wool filled CAN style mufflers.
Thing is like all of our mods, cosmetic or whatever, we all have our own idea of how we want our trucks to sound :)
That's the awesomeness if it all bro:drool:

I am going to search your thread because I dont think Ive come across those yet. But in regards to the resonator, I dont believe 04's have them correct? Just the 4 cats and the muffler? So I could just try it with the Bassani's and delete the cats, keep the stock muffler, and see if its kosher? And if not...maybe snakebites? :-D

Def check his thread one of he best sounding installs out there he will have mine within three weeks for his install

I have Belanger headers with a magnaflow with dumpouts right after. I love the sound and so do alot of other people. :D

I am going to search your thread because I dont think Ive come across those yet. But in regards to the resonator, I dont believe 04's have them correct? Just the 4 cats and the muffler? So I could just try it with the Bassani's and delete the cats, keep the stock muffler, and see if its kosher? And if not...maybe snakebites? :-D

Yes Mike,'04's didn't come factory with a resonator, I'm running Mopar long tubes, catless with a Bassini catback and I love the loud exotic tone it roars out the back!
I was going to go Corsa and would love to hear a Corsa system on our trucks cause as far as I know there isn't one out there!

Yes Mike,'04's didn't come factory with a resonator, I'm running Mopar long tubes, catless with a Bassini catback and I love the loud exotic tone it roars out the back!
I was going to go Corsa and would love to hear a Corsa system on our trucks cause as far as I know there isn't one out there!

Nope, Corsa doesn't make a kit for our truck but you can find used mufflers from Vettes or Vipers and put them on the truck.
They have a unique sound for sure.

I Googled "Snakebite Mufflers" & pulled nothing regarding mufflers. Does this muffler have another name, brand name. I'm currently running straight out. No mufflers or resonator until I find the muffler (sound) that I'm looking for. Good luck with your search.

Im running B&B long tube headers with dual 3 inch straight pipe and dual 3 inch qtp cut outs right after the headers. :)

Nope, Corsa doesn't make a kit for our truck but you can find used mufflers from Vettes or Vipers and put them on the truck.
They have a unique sound for sure.

I know Corsa doesn't make a kit and Bassaini doesn't make a catback any more either!
I would like to hear what the Corsa would sound like if someone made a custom exhaust with the Corsa mufflers.

I've got Gibson headers no rear cats or resonators with a flow master muffler sounds freakin awesome

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back