Yet another catch can question..

I have never really looked into a catch can. Never knew to much about them. Are they universal? Where do they actually hook up to? Is it worth getting one? Not sure what the benefit is?!?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a can that catches stuff. The benefit is that stuff gets caught.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I have never really looked into a catch can. Never knew to much about them. Are they universal? Where do they actually hook up to? Is it worth getting one? Not sure what the benefit is?!?!

It catches oil and vapors that normally get recycled back into your engine through the intake. Its literally a can that fills up with crap and you have to dump it out. Most are universal, and Ive even made them in the past using parts from Lowes.

Last edited:
Alright so you all know im new to the SRT 10 club and I have never heard of a catch can. I looked it up on google and all I found were aftermareket one. Is this somethign that comes stock on the truck? If not what are the benefits and should i buy one? I dont have the truck here to look to see if it has one because it is at dealer getting oil lines replaced. Please bring me up to speed on what I need to know!!

Alright so you all know im new to the SRT 10 club and I have never heard of a catch can. I looked it up on google and all I found were aftermareket one. Is this somethign that comes stock on the truck? If not what are the benefits and should i buy one? I dont have the truck here to look to see if it has one because it is at dealer getting oil lines replaced. Please bring me up to speed on what I need to know!!

Not stock. Several companies make universal as well as direct fit systems. As venomtruck mentioned earlier it catches oil and water grime that would normal be blown back into the intake. I don't have one but have contemplated getting one for a while from JTSVP bc I like his direct system.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

who's can is that???

The only stuff the catchcan should be catching is water and oil. It looks milky and sluggy due to the condensation formed from combustion passing into the crankcase,past the pistons and rings... especially when the engine is cold and tolerances are loose. Normally it is hooked up to the intake with a PCV so that there is vacuum in the crankcase to direct the blowby into the intake and not allow the oil to pass ,well most of it won't pass. . Unless you have alot of blowby past the rings, N/A should not collect much stuff in it. When supercharged, boost will not allow the blowby into the intake. The crankcase will become a balloon and push oil out the seals making a big mess. better to route the crankcase gases into a can than into the intake.

Last edited:
One of the first mods done. I was mostly concerned about re-burning blow-by, but also a way to vent pressure. Dont ever want to deal with a blown main seal.
Mounted each can to frame, from each valve cover, low, lets gravity work. Also easy drain, just reach under. Moroso breathers on stainless chambered cans w/ AN fittings to braided black Earl lines.
Usually takes alot to fill these. Best way to keep this condensate out of your oil pan !

Attachments

• cans.JPG
    cans.JPG
    322.5 KB · Views: 32
I think i may look into doing this now. I have seen at a lot of car shows, cars using fancy bottles like coke bottles and stuff to do this. They are just doing the same thing right?

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back