Yokohama Parada Spec-X Review

JMB Justin

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
I have put about 1000 miles on these tires now and wanted to share my impressions. First of all here are the specs (from Tirerack):

Size: 305/40VR22
Load Rating: XL
Street/Sport Truck All Season
Blackwall
VR Speed Rated
Price: $162.00 (each)

Some Background:
I needed an all season and wanted to try something other than the pirellis. I liked the pirellis, but I felt there had to be a better tire out there on rough roads. The pirellis really bump steer bad IMO, which was my only real complaint. They also werent too good in anything other than dry weather as far as traction (like an iceskate in rain or snow).

Why did I choose this tire:
Price and all season capability (mine is a daily driver), plus good reviews.

Driving Impressions and comments:
Most people liked the looks of the yokohama better than the pirelli, and I do as well. They drive similar IMO but traction in incliment weather is much improved even over when the truck was new. Dry traction is also better, but not a huge difference. No highway noise at all unless on very rough pavement, but never is it loud. The bump steer issue is improved although it will never be gone with a lowered SRT10 ram without some geometry changes.

Overall:
Very satisfied, would definitely buy again at this point, no complaints at all. I will update if I have any issues.

Tirerack Link:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires...&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&place=2

Justin

i got the same yokohama tires size:305/45/22....they are wonderful....they are good in the rain and the snow and i think i paid $175

Justin, can you post up a long term review? I'm about to order a set but still a bit undecided whether to go with Generals or the Yoko's.

Still happy with them, no negatives that I have seen yet, wear seems to be very good on them.
Justin

Just wanted to thank Justin for taking the time today and giving me feedback on the Yokohama's. I'm a bit more confident with my decision. 305/35/24 front and 315/35/24 rears.

Ok, just got a Lil drive time with them, and boy oh boy I found out why my truck felt slow. The old bald parrelies were spinning like crazy. The yokohama hook well in first and second, from a roll. Also feel good up to 125 mph.

Also to the guy, who was picking on me, in the GTO, sorry I winked at your girl before I spanked your tail the second time, but she smiled at me first, and she was cute!!:D

I just had a set of these installed, have about three miles on them. I'll know more in a few weeks. LOL

Oh, and right now they have a $40.00 instant rebait per tire on them.

since we're on the subject (again:D)...does anyone have a review/opinion on 45 series tires...i'm almost due (again), and i'm just about sick of these crap ass roads in SC, so i was thinking that may alleviate some of that steering wheel and abrupt "instalanechanges"

I've got 34K miles on my Yoko's now. I've gone through 2 sets of Pirelli's, a set of Conti's and a set of Generals. No question I'll go with the Yokohama's again.

I will say nothing wrong with the Conti's. Just didn't last very long for me...a bit more than the Pirelli's.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back