You guys found it! I have a guys named Chris Sanders's old truck!

robwclark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK guys, this Chris Sanders's truck is 100% CERTAINLY my truck. It has the same solid black color, when I got it, it had the car-like mirrors, larger paxton aftercooler radiatator mounted cooler, black tail lights, 3rd & 4th gear grinding issues he speaks of in posts, Xmetal stickers in the engine bay, black powder coated intake, emblems removed, lowered, massive dark tint, southern IL titled EVERYTHING!!! This is IT, not a doubt in my mind! He quit posting a good few months before it was repo'd, but never mentioned if he ever built an engine for it. I doubt it because the 3rd & 4th syncs are still messed up. I dyno'd it just like it came in about 1 week after I got it, and it put down 621 rwhp at SimpleQuick Racing in Ft. Worth which has a dynojet.

Anyone know of any other mods he did to it?????????????? Particularly if the engine was ever rebuilt, or if he ever changed the cam out. The heads looked unported when I had the instake manifold off to change plug wires. Anyone, know anything about this truck at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember the truck well and I don't think he had any internal work done at all. If I remember right he spent about 30,000.00 at X-Metal in Evansville, In.

I did some work to it before it was repo'd, its all stock motor with a PBJ tune on the vec3. It didnt even make 550whp after the $30K X-metal treatment. The very first tune we put in it picked up almost 70whp safely. It needs a real fuel system, injectors, and a retune and it would make near 675+whp. He was short shifting it at 5500 because it was running out of fuel up top.
Justin

JMB Justin said:
I did some work to it before it was repo'd, its all stock motor with a PBJ tune on the vec3. It didnt even make 550whp after the $30K X-metal treatment. The very first tune we put in it picked up almost 70whp safely. It needs a real fuel system, injectors, and a retune and it would make near 675+whp. He was short shifting it at 5500 because it was running out of fuel up top.
Justin

Thanks for the info. The truck was running out of fuel because when he had the VEC3 installed, the paxton cpu decided to stop sending the command for the 2nd fuel pump to fire. Only the 1st fuel pump is working so I tried to jump the 2nd one off the 1st one, but it went 9:1 a/f all the way up the rev band and lost 90rwhp. I un-jumped the 2nd fuel pump and installed an MSD Window switch to have the 2nd fuel pump come on at 5000rpm, but this is a rigged up way to do it. Now I see it has a VEC3, so I ordered the software from Roe this week. I am fixing to take the whole fmu/dual fuel pump setup off the truck and install larger 62lb injectors and tune the truck to the new injectors. This may get it going again, but I think it now has a serious internal problem. there is oil all in the #1 cylinder....so we'll see.

robwclark said:
.... This may get it going again, but I think it now has a serious internal problem. there is oil all in the #1 cylinder....so we'll see.

The ring-lands on the stock pistons are incredibly WEAK.... You probably cracked a piston. :(

FATJACK said:
I remember the truck well and I don't think he had any internal work done at all. If I remember right he spent about 30,000.00 at X-Metal in Evansville, In.

Off topic a little here. How in the hell does the guy who had the truck previously drop $30K in mods into it but yet not make payments on the truck and have it re-poed?????

:confused: :confused: :confused:

SlvrSnake said:
Off topic a little here. How in the hell does the guy who had the truck previously drop $30K in mods into it but yet not make payments on the truck and have it re-poed?????

Sometimes happiness is a purchase away:D but not a payment:dontknow:

" each to their own I guess:dontknow: "

thewelshm

SlvrSnake said:

Long story, something to do with an X-Metal credit card.....no shit.

Hummm............:dontknow:

Uh................. Hoodah fck is Chris Sanders........?:confused:

D

Django said:
Hummm............:dontknow:

Uh................. Hoodah fck is Chris Sanders........?:confused:

D
some guy that had an 06 RC...that evidently spent a shit turd tone of money on it...and got it repoed...go fkin figure...

new owner's here...trying to find out some more details...

SlvrSnake said:

Man I dunno, in the past 9 years I have being doing my job, I have never seen anything this bazaar. If the story is correct, his wife wasnt making the payments with the money, and he got surprised when we came for it. After spending the $30,000 at X-Metal, I suppose he didnt have the money to catch up the back payments which were about $3500 at the time the truck was repossessed. If he had just driven the truck, and spent the $30k on getting it paid for, never did a single mod, he would have it right now and probably own it outright. After the truck was sent to Chrysler Financial's repo yard, someone stole all the aftermarket kicker-type speakers/stereo/amps stuff out of it. By the looks of the wiring left behind, and again a 1st.....I have never seen so many wires run through a carpet/under the truck as this truck had. You would not believe all the wires I removed from that truck! I bet he spent another $5000 on the stereo! He took good care of it though. It has all original paint, with only a few minor flaws. The truck had 42k miles on it when it was repo'd last September. Anyone know about when the Paxton was installed and how many miles are on the blower?????

chris bought the truck , not long after took it to xmetal, they installed the blower, the lowering kit, the bling bling, he pput it on a CC about 30k is what he said for everything, didnt have a job, lost it,

pretty much tortued the truck tho while he did have it:eek:

Stinker said:
chris bought the truck , not long after took it to xmetal, they installed the blower, the lowering kit, the bling bling, he pput it on a CC about 30k is what he said for everything, didnt have a job, lost it,

pretty much tortued the truck tho while he did have it:eek:

Now this is where my expertise come in. My job was to assess current market value on an chrysler group vehicle. I determine this value by the mileage, current condition, and drive quality. This truck has a medium drive quality, medium body condition, and high miles for an SRT truck. He didnt ride it hard, and hang it up wet....... I can tell you this, but looks like he gave it his fair share of hard driving....but not excessive.

also

I found a thread from back in mid Summer 2007 he was having it installed if I remember right. He made a post asking about selling it in early 2008, then it was repo'd Aug or Sep that year. It looks like the blower was on there for just about 1 year, but did have a bunch of down time after it was installed. I am guessing he put the blower on around 30-35k miles. So the truck now has 47k on it, I guess the blower has about 15,000 miles on it, and the original motor is still in the truck. I bet I have a ring problem....we'll see.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back