youre help

stick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok guys , I know I am a pain in the ass,,,,But as i sit on this boat again all i can think about is my truck. So all of you know what i did to my truck last time home , and boy was that good results.
so I want to do something to it the next time home and have about 800.00 dollars to spend "might could go 1000.00" .
what should i go for ? traction or HP. I dont know of anything I can do for more HP for 1000.00 except for NOS.

Traction or upgrades to the clutch. I would lean more to traction. You can have all the power in the world, but if you can't get it to the ground then it is no good. I see you already have the JMB traction package, what else are you thinking of? Can you add the other traction kit (I forget the name of the company) and use them together?

I only have the stage 1 from JMB. I could go a little further with his stage 2 or 3 . Or i could go with caltrax. I can use the stage 1 and caltrax together.

I don't know much about JMB and the stages. But I would get whatever would be better, stage 3 or stage 1 with Caltracs. Have you thought about a lowering kit?

I dont like the look of a lowered truck,and I dont believe lowering would help performance unless you are going around alot of curves,,correct me if i am wrong.... but I hear the caltrac traction bars lower the rear.

Last edited:
stick said:
I dont like the look of a lowered truck,and I dont believe lowering would help performance unless you are going around alot of curves,,correct me if i am wrong.... but I hear the caltrac traction bars lower the rear.

I think the lowering kit (I said think) helps due to air flow under the truck or something like that. It might also help shift the CG to the rear some. When I race at the track I move the front right seat all the way back and raise the rear seat up just to shift the CG aft to put more weight on the rear tires. I can't really answer if a lowering kit will help with straight line racing or not. Someone else must know.

ViperTruck2933 said:
I'd go with Justin's stage 3 kit. Put that extra power to the ground.;)

the thing that scares me about the stage 2 and 3 with JMB is that he says alot "TRACK ONLY" and what i need is something that i can drive around that is ready to go on a moments notice......Unless you can drive around with them on the track setting......

I do alot of redlight racing , so I dont have time to get out and adjust anything

stick said:
the thing that scares me about the stage 2 and 3 with JMB is that he says alot "TRACK ONLY" and what i need is something that i can drive around that is ready to go on a moments notice......Unless you can drive around with them on the track setting......

I do alot of redlight racing , so I dont have time to get out and adjust anything
I beleive the only thing that is "track only" is the extended snubbers. You'll still have tons better traction (in daily driving) with the drag shocks all the way around and the stage 1 snubber adjustment.
THen you can throw on the stage 3 snubbers at the track.;)

ViperTruck2933 said:
I beleive the only thing that is "track only" is the extended snubbers. You'll still have tons better traction (in daily driving) with the drag shocks all the way around and the stage 1 snubber adjustment.
THen you can throw on the stage 3 snubbers at the track.;)

Thats exactly what I was gonna say Stick. You have plenty of power right now and eventually you will need to upgrade your clutch, so plan on having that extra $1500 ready.:( Sucks I know, but the stock clutch is really weak.

I would be patient and lets see what Nowwhat's sled does with the new shocks. Remember those shocks are adjustable....you pick where you want em set........Justin said its a two minute pit stop to change the settings!!;)

patrick

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back