Z3 M Roadster challenge

mmmmtorque

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was heading home on Friday and guess everybody was feeling their oats. First I was challenged by some turbo Volvo sedan....We were side by side at a light and I took off at a quick pace but nothing crazy. After I shifted into third he nailed it....I went to WOT at around 2800 RPMs and had no problem walking away. Then.....I get to the next light in which I had to make a left, there was a Z3 M Roadster whipping around traffic to catch me and hit the right lane of the two lane turn lane. Anway, we make our lefts and kept it in second gear a little longer ;) He nailed it and it was on....I started pulling him from 25 - 70 and had a truck length on him before we had to let out around 80mph because of traffic. I am sure I ruined his drive home as he turned off at the next intersection.

It was a safe jaunt with plenty of space and was even more enjoyable since I am on the stock PCM with my Vec2 being upgraded to a Vec3 at Roe this week ;)

It never fails, take mods off the truck and everyone wants to race. But it sounds like you had success anyway!!

Stinker said:
:rock: :rock: sounds like the new clutch is workin well!

Oh yea ;) Love the new clutch and Viper master/slave...should have done that mod from day one.

Good kills.:rock:

Good luck with the Vec 3 as well. Everyone that I have heard of using it has had trouble getting it to work properly.:dontknow:

mmmmtorque said:
Was heading home on Friday and guess everybody was feeling their oats. First I was challenged by some turbo Volvo sedan....We were side by side at a light and I took off at a quick pace but nothing crazy. After I shifted into third he nailed it....I went to WOT at around 2800 RPMs and had no problem walking away. Then.....I get to the next light in which I had to make a left, there was a Z3 M Roadster whipping around traffic to catch me and hit the right lane of the two lane turn lane. Anway, we make our lefts and kept it in second gear a little longer ;) He nailed it and it was on....I started pulling him from 25 - 70 and had a truck length on him before we had to let out around 80mph because of traffic. I am sure I ruined his drive home as he turned off at the next intersection.

It was a safe jaunt with plenty of space and was even more enjoyable since I am on the stock PCM with my Vec2 being upgraded to a Vec3 at Roe this week ;)

What does the VEC 3 offer that the VEC2 doesn't have?? May want to do that myself!!

I walked a Z3 pretty badly with my Roe tune in, however i ran a Z4 from a dig, he put 2 cars on me before I hooked up then he took a quick right turn!! It was pretty damn quick from the line!!:p :eek:

Marc T said:
What does the VEC 3 offer that the VEC2 doesn't have?? May want to do that myself!!

I walked a Z3 pretty badly with my Roe tune in, however i ran a Z4 from a dig, he put 2 cars on me before I hooked up then he took a quick right turn!! It was pretty damn quick from the line!!:p :eek:

Havent had a chance to sync up with Sean on the details. He did say it was worth the upgrade and figured it would be a good time to do it over the holidays/winter.

As soon as I get more info I will drop you a line ;)

mmmmtorque said:
Havent had a chance to sync up with Sean on the details. He did say it was worth the upgrade and figured it would be a good time to do it over the holidays/winter.

As soon as I get more info I will drop you a line ;)

Cool!! Thanks!!

It would be nice if it would address the Fan motor turning on a little sooner!!

Marc T said:
Cool!! Thanks!!

It would be nice if it would address the Fan motor turning on a little sooner!!

yes, that would be nice.... seemed like a waste to have that AND the chip :S

Marc T said:

OK, got my Vec3 upgrade back and installed it. You have to splice into two more wires over the Vec 2. (Left and Right Oxygen sensor wires) The Vec 3 has a IAT feature, Intake Air Temperature correction. Therefore illiminates the need to have a summer and winter tune. It also has 2 Analog outputs to control multiple pwr adders. The software seems more stable and user friendly as well.

Will be hitting the dyno next week (I updated a Vec3 tune based on my last dyno tune) and will see how well it does.

If it was a 2002+ M Roadster.... I would count that as a good kill. :) I had a '02 (315hp), and I can tell you, I really surprised some folks at the stop lights. :evil: Little thing was stout, for a Bimmer. ;)

FlyingLow said:
How much to go from a VEC2 to a VEC3?

Sean gave me a great deal and not sure if its the going rate for everyone. It wasnt much though ;) I would drop him a line and get a quick quote.

mmmmtorque said:
Sean gave me a great deal and not sure if its the going rate for everyone. It wasnt much though ;) I would drop him a line and get a quick quote.

Thanks!! I'm working on trying to get in for a tune and meth kit now. I will just ask Dave on the next set of emails.

What can the VEC3 do that the 2 can't?

FlyingLow said:
Thanks!! I'm working on trying to get in for a tune and meth kit now. I will just ask Dave on the next set of emails.

What can the VEC3 do that the 2 can't?

See post #11 ;)

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back