Zeckenhausen brakes!

Kevan said:
IS THIS THREAD FOR REAL?

If need be I can work up a DIY article on how to mind your own damn business! I wondered why some of the guys on here didn't like you, guess now I understand.

Kevan asked because he got yelled at by the admins for posting a link to to the very same site because they were not a supporting vendor.

John02SS said:
If need be I can work up a DIY article on how to mind your own damn business! I wondered why some of the guys on here didn't like you, guess now I understand.
Aside from the site owners, name one.

FlyingLow said:
Kevan asked because he got yelled at by the admins for posting a link to to the very same site because they were not a supporting vendor.
That's putting it nicely, but thank you Scott.

Kevan said:
Aside from the site owners, name one.

That's putting it nicely, but thank you Scott.
I still haven't quite figured out what color of the spot next to your name is:dontknow: and if it means anything............

Thanks for the link,
The brake dust is about to drive me nutz!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No dust. Ok what about the stopping power? I want a pad that will plant my face in the windshield.

I'd rather clean my wheels often than have "sub-par" stopping power. There is a trade off for everything.

slow91 said:
I'd rather clean my wheels often than have "sub-par" stopping power. There is a trade off for everything.

No one is stating that Zeckhausen is sub-par. I can just as easily engage the ABS with the factory setup, EBC or Zeckhausens. Difference is the initial bite of the Zeckhausen compared to the factory pads. Factory pads no question bite quicker. One you lay your toe on the brake pedal and you get whoa....thats some brakes up front. The other you simply add 2lbs of pressure from said toe and then say whoa...thats some brakes up front.

Difference long term (I have over 80K miles) is you would have replaced your second set of rotors and pads going with the factory and with Zeckhausen you'd be about 50% on your initial setup. My factory brakes barely made it to 25K. Rotors were toast by 30K. My second brake system (factory rotors and EBC pads) were 80% done by 50K. My Zeckhausen's currently have 30K miles and I'd estimate pads are 30% worn. No edge on the rotors and best of all I wash my wheels when I wash my truck. I'll gladly force myself to add a few lbs of braking force with my big toe.

Last edited:
GriffsSRT said:
Great info! Tony Can you get these? Can we purchase them through a vendor on the site?

No sir I sure dont mark, all I got is EBC stuff, but I do have a little better pricing as of late, but thanks for asking:)

Stinker said:
No sir I sure dont mark, all I got is EBC stuff, but I do have a little better pricing as of late, but thanks for asking:)

Tony, I'm getting close to doing my brakes, don't know if my rotors are able to be turned or what... BUT If they are to thin then I want the EBC slotted and blind drilled rotors F&R... Are they any good?? Are their pads any good?? I read the replies here on the Zeckhausen pads and they sound great too... So what do you think??? And anyone else, what do you think??? I do know that the previous owner put green pads up front and factory one's in back... There is a HUGE diff. in the dust they give off... The rears are some dusty pads... Oh and did you get that info for me on the drop shackles yet?? Thx... Tony...

FATTONY said:
Tony, I'm getting close to doing my brakes, don't know if my rotors are able to be turned or what... BUT If they are to thin then I want the EBC slotted and blind drilled rotors F&R... Are they any good?? Are their pads any good?? I read the replies here on the Zeckhausen pads and they sound great too... So what do you think??? And anyone else, what do you think??? I do know that the previous owner put green pads up front and factory one's in back... There is a HUGE diff. in the dust they give off... The rears are some dusty pads... Oh and did you get that info for me on the drop shackles yet?? Thx... Tony...
yeah bo the shackles are $80 shipped bud

but I dont know man , to me i think both are really good, the red pads from EBC are a little expensive, but virtually no dust, the green pads are a ton better than oem, and to me the rotors are an excellent upgrade from oem.

i have never ran zuckenhosim ah whatever the name is:p I know he sells alot of different brands, i guess i stick with EBC since they worked well on alot of my race bikes an they have different compound pads

Stinker said:

Hey you can't carry everything. Stink - Mart just doesn't sound as good as wal-mart!:D I have the EBC Reds FstJack gave them to me at the GTG. I can't wait to put them on. I think I will be gettin the Rotors from you though. (Sorry little off topic):p

GriffsSRT said:
Hey you can't carry everything. Stink - Mart just doesn't sound as good as wal-mart!:D I have the EBC Reds FstJack gave them to me at the GTG. I can't wait to put them on. I think I will be gettin the Rotors from you though. (Sorry little off topic):p
I got a set of rotors here waiting for venom power if you want pics of the ebc rotors bo

Stinker said:
yeah bo the shackles are $80 shipped bud

but I dont know man , to me i think both are really good, the red pads from EBC are a little expensive, but virtually no dust, the green pads are a ton better than oem, and to me the rotors are an excellent upgrade from oem.

i have never ran zuckenhosim ah whatever the name is:p I know he sells alot of different brands, i guess i stick with EBC since they worked well on alot of my race bikes an they have different compound pads

Hey Tony...

OK the shackles sound great and I'll send you a PM when ready... Now as for the brakes.. You mentioned the red pads are more expensive, compared to what??? The green are more than the red, according to the prices on your site, so am I to take it that the green are better than the red?? I do like the green on the trk now and as I said I do want to switch out the rotors too... So are the green pads the best of EBC??? I just want to put the best on and not completely break the bank... Thanks for the info... Tony... P.S. What does bo mean???

FATTONY said:
Hey Tony...

OK the shackles sound great and I'll send you a PM when ready... Now as for the brakes.. You mentioned the red pads are more expensive, compared to what??? The green are more than the red, according to the prices on your site, so am I to take it that the green are better than the red?? I do like the green on the trk now and as I said I do want to switch out the rotors too... So are the green pads the best of EBC??? I just want to put the best on and not completely break the bank... Thanks for the info... Tony... P.S. What does bo mean???
I dont have the reds on the site, but they are a touch better than the green with less dust, but are more expensive than the green. i will have to double check on the pricing .

but bo, means bud, pal, buddy,brother, or just plain bo:D

dont worry i get busted for using bo all the time:p

Stinker said:
I dont have the reds on the site, but they are a touch better than the green with less dust, but are more expensive than the green. i will have to double check on the pricing .

but bo, means bud, pal, buddy,brother, or just plain bo:D

dont worry i get busted for using bo all the time:p

Ahhh so that's what it means, cool just didn't know... OH so the other pads on your site besides the green are not the reds huh... So the reds are the best of the best huh... Well ok then, I'm puttin 'em on my list... AND they are less dusty than the green, DAMN>>> Hell the greens I have on the front put out so little dust I hardly notice it... OK you sold me... :D :D :D :D :D As soon as you get prices please let me know........ Thanks.................. :D :D

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back