Found Actual truck that ran the speed record today

VIPR PWR

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:burnout: :burnout: :burnout: I chased down a Red srt10 today in my little dakota 6cyl:D ---Damn took about 10 miles to finally catch him when he stopped hahaha....
Recommended he join the site... He told me that the truck is the Actual one that made the speed record for Dodge with the worlds fastest man driving .....He said he will check out the site ---Hope so, seems like a cool Guy......:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

Ya I mean... We all have the worlds fastest trucks... lol

but not the actual truck that set the original speed record..
We can find out more if the guy joins the site ---Maybe there is some way to verify it.... Like a Vin#

Brendan Gaughn is the guy taht set the record NASCAR Truck Serier driver

That truck is supposed to have Brendan Gaughan's signature in it somewhere. On the dash, maybe...

Lee

You would think that truck would be in a museum or something

VIPR PWR said:
but not the actual truck that set the original speed record..
We can find out more if the guy joins the site ---Maybe there is some way to verify it.... Like a Vin#

it probly has the guy signature in it ( if irember correctly it was ont one of the valve covers). a dealership in jacksonville had one in black and had the price bumped up another 10 grand when i asked why they said cause the speed record was set with a srt 10 i said so what,now if it had richard petty's signature then it would be somthin he just looked at me with a dump look on his face

stephen said:
Brendan Gaughn is the guy taht set the record NASCAR Truck Serier driver
but not the land speed record in a stock truck. cant rember the guys name but it wasnt brendan gaughn

It was a Red RC----with 7k miles on it and I beleive he said he bought it in Pensecola Florida -----If he joins we will be able to find out ...Very clean truck I might add.

Penske-Jasper Racing’s Brendan Gaughan carved out a niche for himself and Dodge in the “Guinness Book of World Records†Monday, establishing the Dodge Ram SRT-10 as the “World’s Fastest Production Pickup Truck.â€

Gaughan posted a two-lap, both-directions average speed of 154.587 mph over a “flying kilometer†on the 4.71-mile oval at the DaimlerChrysler Proving Grounds in Chelsea, Mich. The record run by Gaughan and the Dodge Ram SRT-10, which recently left the assembly line in Saltillo, Mexico, and wasn’t modified in any way for additional power or enhanced aerodynamics, was certified by Guinness World Records and the SCCA. The previous record was 147.54 mph, set last July by the Ford SVT F-150 Lightning before the Dodge Ram SRT-10 went into production.

Hein Le Roux, research team member at Guinness World Records, traveled from the company’s London headquarters to monitor the record run.

“I’ve driven some fast trucks, but I’ve certainly never experienced anything like setting a Guinness world record,†says Gaughan, a six-time winner in a Dodge Ram in the 2003 NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series who is making his Nextel Cup Series debut in the No. 77 Kodak Dodge later this month at Daytona. "I’ve known for a long time that the Dodge Ram is the ultimate truck for the race track, and this certainly proves the Ram SRT-10 is the ultimate performance truck for the street.â€

Guinness World Records rules state the record speed had to be the average of two one-kilometer runs in opposite directions along the same track, made within an hour of one another. The timing equipment had to be certified as accurate to within 1/1000th of a second, and supplied and operated by a qualified third party. The speed of each run was timed by means of sensors at the start and finish of the measured kilometer, thus giving an average speed over the entire distance.

“When we set out to develop the Dodge Ram SRT-10, our mission was to create the ultimate performance truck,†said Dan Knott, director, street and racing technology. “With 500 horsepower, sports car-like handling, world-class braking and race-inspired design appointments, we know we reached our goal. Setting the Guinness record simply confirms that, and solidifies the Ram SRT-10 as the ultimate – and fastest – performance pickup.â€

The Dodge Ram SRT-10 is the third Dodge vehicle branded with the Street and Racing Technology label, following the Dodge Viper SRT-10 and the award-winning 230 horsepower Dodge SRT-4.

From Penske Racing

Lee

Brendan Gaughn displays his two-way average speed
DaimlerChrysler Media

Attachments

• fastest4.jpg
    fastest4.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 70
GAUGHAN: As a "poor-boy" Craftsman Truck driver I don't have anything fancy, but the good folks at Dodge and Kodak just gave me a new Dodge Durango for all the racing exploits I've had under Dodge over the years. I also have on order a new SRT-10 Ram that I would like to trade for the SRT that I just drove that has my signature all over the intake manifold.

CarolinaSRT10 said:
GAUGHAN: As a "poor-boy" Craftsman Truck driver I don't have anything fancy, but the good folks at Dodge and Kodak just gave me a new Dodge Durango for all the racing exploits I've had under Dodge over the years. I also have on order a new SRT-10 Ram that I would like to trade for the SRT that I just drove that has my signature all over the intake manifold.

He could have sold it by now:dontknow:

I sat in the truck back in October 2006 at a Chrysler open house. Yes it is signed on the intake manifold by him, and it should have 5 point safety belt systems for both seats. It also has a fire bottle set up in the cab, just in case he crashed. When I saw it, it was looking kinda rough, not well carried for.

Bill.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back