Found Actual truck that ran the speed record today

Well, Ican add to this thread. I befriended one of the lead Dodge engineers whose team was developing the original SRT10. They did the test mule Blue RC's with auto as well as setting up the world record setting red RC you are talking about. I happened to save some of the pix he sent including the original window sticker from that very truck. Someone with better skills might be able to capture the Vin #

GuinnessSRT4.jpg

GuinnessSRT3.jpg

GuinnessSRT2.jpg

GuinnessSRT1.jpg

GuinnessSRT6.jpg

:rock: Good info. The VIN is up at the top right and bottom left

Just to tantalize you...here's a couple of the original test mules. He gave me quite a bit of background on the trucks and story's of their development and how these test mules were just trashed by the union people at various locations Dodge showed off the trucks. Due to union rules only local union workers could move the trucks to from transporters to the actual show locations and apparently they took it upon themselves to showboat to their friends. Anyways, only reason for the automatics (Dodge never wanted the auto coupled to the Viper) was so various celeb's could actually drive the vehicle. Apparently driving stick is not a celeb thing to be doing...:D

PaceTruck00.jpg

PaceTruck01.jpg

PaceTruck02.jpg

PaceTruck03.jpg

PaceTruck04.jpg

PaceTruckAutomatic.jpg

VIN looks to be 303-HA16H64G-170746 or 3D3-HA16H64G-170746

Awesome pics. I never noticed the dark blue airbrushed looking background.

Notice the engine's and transmissions in the background up on the racks? In the early days of development those racks were completely stuffed with both for conversion work they were doing. This test mule was one of the last ones they built. Soon thereafter Dodge pulled the plug on their 'project' and were all reassigned to other duties. I had asked him about what happened with the various 'stuff' laying around the shop. He said like most projects of this type all the parts were already capitalized and as far as Dodge was concerned no longer existed...shop workers loaded all of it up and took what was left home with them. Perks of the job...

What a shame... You would think things like that wouldn't happen anymore. At least a few should have been saved for sentimental / historical reasons

walbert said:
VIN looks to be 303-HA16H64G-170746 or 3D3-HA16H64G-170746

You got it the second time round.
3D3HA16H64G170746 Although if this isn't right it would be
3D3HA18H64G170746

HArd to tell on the 6/8 but mine is 8 but 6 may mean reg cab?
Either way shipped to 4300 S. Lapeer Rd.
Lake Orion, MI.
$46,430!!:burnout:

VENOMOUS1 said:
You got it the second time round.
3D3HA16H64G170746 Although if this isn't right it would be
3D3HA18H64G170746

HArd to tell on the 6/8 but mine is 8 but 6 may mean reg cab?
Either way shipped to 4300 S. Lapeer Rd.
Lake Orion, MI.
$46,430!!:burnout:

Zoom into the top VIN. Looks like a 6 :dontknow:

I ran the SN..you just have to put in the last 8 digits..........truck was built on 11-28-03 and sold in Miami FL....last record shows it registered to a H. Exavior (spelling) in Sunrise FL. Last time in for service at a dealer it had 13,509 miles on it.

Sounds like the sighting might just be legit :rock:

If I see it again I will try to get the VIN#-----he lives in the area and goes to a batting cage down the road -----I will see if I can catch him again ---this time in my QC hahaha---- Maybe this guy will join and verify this ---

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back