Group buy on striker heads

not a hemi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going up to talk to jeff at JM on wed or thur about a group buy on the striker heads jessel rocker arms and pushrods. Would like to get an idea of how many of you would be interested? :rock:
pm me if you have any questions or somethings you might want diffrent
thanks nathan

Damn Will we get like a huge discount or something? I'm am thinking of adding my next mod pretty soon.

The heads even with discount would be pretty steep, compared to a paxton or roe kit. Still, those are something I would like very much as well.

RedRamRules said:
The heads even with discount would be pretty steep, compared to a paxton or roe kit. Still, those are something I would like very much as well.

Me too.

What would drive the cost even higher are the rods and pistons these engines need to stay alive under more punishing conditions. Like many others, I am at the point where the quest for more power is going to be pricey (if done properly).

not a hemi said:
Going up to talk to jeff at JM on wed or thur about a group buy on the striker heads jessel rocker arms and pushrods. Would like to get an idea of how many of you would be interested? :rock:
pm me if you have any questions or somethings you might want diffrent
thanks nathan

Everbody knows what they are getting into here right?....

even if you get the heads for $6k you need a cam, headers, port matching of the intake and a tune....

I know from the pricing i've looked at anytime you talk Striker Heads your looking at 20,000 instantly.

They are quite an upgrade and from what i've seen only the huge HP guys have them... :dontknow:

Nathen, send me your heads, I will port them for a fraction of the price.

I may have bought a stock set from a local guy here. I will port them and get some flow numbers.

I'm pulling mine anyhow and will flow them.

Deibs said:
I know from the pricing i've looked at anytime you talk Striker Heads your looking at 20,000 instantly.

They are quite an upgrade and from what i've seen only the huge HP guys have them... :dontknow:

Not really.

If I take the $7000.00 I paid for mine (included inconel valve upgrade), and add in the cam, port match, headers, and tune, you could do this for about $12k. Fully dialed, this should net close to 700rwhp. The stock bottom end should be just fine, so long as there's no detonation.

If you were to add in a bottom end rebuild with all the trick stuff, then yeah, you're going to hit $20k. But it's not really necessary unless you're going to spray big, go forced induction, or up your compression ratio and run race gas or alcohol.

Whatever the case, there is no substitute for the Striker heads.:rock:

Bone said:

I may have bought a stock set from a local guy here. I will port them and get some flow numbers.

Not knowing what you're capable of in this department, but how close do you think you'll get to this:

Attachments

• Striker Street flow graph.jpg
    Striker Street flow graph.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 573
  • Striker Street flow numbers.jpg
    Striker Street flow numbers.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 487
Ram From Hell said:
Not really.

If I take the $7000.00 I paid for mine (included inconel valve upgrade), and add in the cam, port match, headers, and tune, you could do this for about $12k. Fully dialed, this should net close to 700rwhp. The stock bottom end should be just fine, so long as there's no detonation.

If you were to add in a bottom end rebuild with all the trick stuff, then yeah, you're going to hit $20k. But it's not really necessary unless you're going to spray big, go forced induction, or up your compression ratio and run race gas or alcohol.

Whatever the case, there is no substitute for the Striker heads.:rock:
I mean to ask, are your heads ported also? DO you know the difference betweeen the advertised striker and the racing spec. striker heads?

one of the biggest advantages in going with a Striker is the new placement of the valves. they are relocated to improve flow from showding. not to mention improved coolant flow and better clamping surface, and improved runner shapes and radius'.
we have had a set of fully ported heads on a flow bench and tested them with a set of off the shelf strikers, and the strikers KILLED them.
the stock heads are 1970's technology and are result of the accounting dept at Dodge.
its not feasable to port stock heads, then add roller rockers and valve train, because when you are done, you could have bought the strikers and got all of that with them along with a much better design.
you can bolt on a set of strikers, add a cam and thats it, for those on a budget. there isnt much to do in the way of intake porting for a standard budget setup, infact the heads intake runners are slightly bigger than the intake runners, so there isnt much for the average build to be done there.
a guy could bolt on strikers, add a cam, and bassani headers, and have less than 10's in the total build. you can spend more or less depending on what you are looking for.
the one thing to think about is power output,= cost vs hp,
a NA setup will always cost more than double or more than a supercharger or NOS for the same gain.
if you are going to put on strikers, dont stop there, it would foolish to not replace rods and pistons. you can see where this leads, nowhat has a point with the $$ of a project, it will cost more than you anticipate.

Bone said:

lemme know how much u want to port a set for me

Ram From Hell said:
Not knowing what you're capable of in this department, but how close do you think you'll get to this:

ya thoes numbers are possible with proper port polish... the guys im taking my heads to get to flow in the 300s all day long ... www.rollingthunderz.com but then again there full package is 12k as well.. but that full exhaust, and 100 other things in that package ....

SRT10VENOMOUS said:
ya thoes numbers are possible with proper port polish... the guys im taking my heads to get to flow in the 300s all day long ... www.rollingthunderz.com but then again there full package is 12k as well.. but that full exhaust, and 100 other things in that package ....

I'm sure there are plenty of us that would like to see comparative flow data.;)

With the other advantages of the Strikers that Boomer mentioned, why bother with stock heads if you're spending that much just to get close to the Strikers?

My PBJ heads flow 316 cfm for less than half of what the Strikers cost.

No way you are going to hit 700rwhp N/A with Striker (or anyone else's) heads on a stock bottom end. I hope you mean 600 rwhp and not 700 rwhp because you probably can't even get 600.

You might hit 700 at the flywheel, MAYBE.

I barely hit 700 rwhp and I got a whole crap load of mods including the Paxton and water/meth injection. I would be curious what I could hit with the addition of a cam, striker or PBJ heads, upgraded rods (got the pistons already) and a few more pounds of boost.

There are more to these strikers than flow numbers..ie shape ....you are never going to get a stock head to do what they do.....but realistically a N/A build with Strikers is still under 600rwhp.....for the $$......FI.....

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back