Group buy on striker heads

Stinker said:
Talked with Nathan at length last night, he is really working hard on this for everyone:rock:

He also found out that Crower is making ddrop in rods for our Gen III's

I know everyone has Q's of will this be good on a N/A motor or a FI motor, but consider this, take a stock head and do it "right" and you will have anywhere from 3-5K invested without rockers.Dependin on whether or not they will do a group buy, it could turn out to be a helluva deal:rock:

Thanks Nathan for al the work bro
Depends on where you go. PBJ's head work runs about $2500 and they are done right. Mine flow within 4 cfm of Greg Goode and Indy Cylinder heads and for over $1,000 less. ;)

ViperTruck2933 said:
Depends on where you go. PBJ's head work runs about $2500 and they are done right. Mine flow within 4 cfm of Greg Goode and Indy Cylinder heads and for over $1,000 less. ;)
Thats not bad for all new valves , the good seat inserts, and correct springs!:rock:

just got back from JM, all i can say is what a nice guy Jeff is, we talked for over an hour and we could have went longer :rock: for those who are serious about geting a set of heads please pm me and i can answer some quetions you might have,or i can talk with jeff on the harder questions.
thanks nathan

rottenronnie said:
Yeah, but it's a Chevy.
That is like intentionally polluting the bloodlines...

You crossbreed to bring out the best qualities of both.
You get the Dodge sign on the front (in case that's your thing)and 800 probably dependable hp for $16k that makes the right noise out of the exhaust for about the price of a stock V-10!
Too much inbreeding causes retardation (ex. $30k in a V-10):D

For all interested PM me and i will give you the price, these heads will work on all the gen 3s without any modifications direct bolt on. HP gains on a total stock engine will be 50-60, and much more with cam and other power adders. These heads are not just about flow, the have better cooling passages and are a much beefier casting to help with warping and to help in clamping force for forced induction engines to hold the extra force. Also these heads come with the jessel rockers and hardened push rods.
thanks nathan

ViperTruck2933 said:

Tim this has bothered me for over a week now:( I think my response to this may have been taken the incorrect way, PBJ does excellent work, and a killer price.
Sorry if it went the wrong way:( I dont know jsut bothered me:D

Stinker said:
Tim this has bothered me for over a week now:( I think my response to this may have been taken the incorrect way, PBJ does excellent work, and a killer price.
Sorry if it went the wrong way:( I dont know jsut bothered me:D
No worries Bro. I didn't take offense. I couldn't be more satisfied with PBJ's head work. I know I got a killer deal for the work that was done.

Soon as we get some decent DA at the track here, everyone's gonna see just how good Joe's build is. :rock: :rock: :rock:

:burnout:

Nowwhat said:
There are more to these strikers than flow numbers..ie shape ....you are never going to get a stock head to do what they do.....but realistically a N/A build with Strikers is still under 600rwhp.....for the $$......FI.....

Thats for sure; quality is more important than quantity of flow.

I would love to go with forced induction but out of the 3 quad cabs I know of (1 with a Paxton), they all fall FAR short of the advertised horsepower numbers. At this point, I am guessing it is in the tuning. And, if someone wants to step forward with an answer as to why these trucks are so dismal, and tell me they could make mine run like it should, I would buy a supercharger for mine. I have yet to see ONE of these trucks perform like it should with a supercharger.

I mean, these trucks are only a few m.p.h. faster than my n.a. very lightly modded quad cab.

With the advertised h.p., these trucks should be running 115 m.p.h. and instead they are running 105. That is over 100 horsepower short of the claims.
That makes me lean more towards the n.a. route, even though it is more $$$

Last edited:
ViperTruck2933 said:
No worries Bro. I didn't take offense. I couldn't be more satisfied with PBJ's head work. I know I got a killer deal for the work that was done.

Soon as we get some decent DA at the track here, everyone's gonna see just how good Joe's build is. :rock: :rock: :rock:

:burnout:

good deal bro, dont wanna piss off a bud:rock: ....too bad:D

Stinker said:
good deal bro, dont wanna piss off a bud:rock: ....too bad:D
You're not gonna piss me off man. :) I know what a STINKER you are. :p

On the thread topic....I'd buy the Strikers in a heartbeat if I could get them for anywhere close to what I spent getting the OEMs ported. :eek:

6K is just WAY out of my price range. :D :D

rottenronnie said:
I would love to go with forced induction but out of the 3 quad cabs I know of (1 with a Paxton), they all fall FAR short of the advertised horsepower numbers. At this point, I am guessing it is in the tuning. And, if someone wants to step forward with an answer as to why these trucks are so dismal, and tell me they could make mine run like it should, I would buy a supercharger for mine. I have yet to see ONE of these trucks perform like it should with a supercharger.

I mean, these trucks are only a few m.p.h. faster than my n.a. very lightly modded quad cab.

With the advertised h.p., these trucks should be running 115 m.p.h. and instead they are running 105. That is over 100 horsepower short of the claims.

You haven't been to the track with the right QC yet.

rottenronnie said:
Thats for sure; quality is more important than quantity of flow.

I am hitting the traps at 110 when I get my launch right. My truck only has the roe, exhaust, and a new tranny.

As was stated before, my truck was weak to start with at 373. I say get the Roe, and we can double up on PBJ Joe Donovan for a tune. He told me in the past he would fly out here and tune my truck. He is betting he can get me another 30+ hp with a quality truck specific tune.

As for the strikers, I would jump in if the timing and money were right.

tinygiants said:
I am hitting the traps at 110 when I get my launch right. My truck only has the roe, exhaust, and a new tranny.

As was stated before, my truck was weak to start with at 373. I say get the Roe, and we can double up on PBJ Joe Donovan for a tune. He told me in the past he would fly out here and tune my truck. He is betting he can get me another 30+ hp with a quality truck specific tune.

As for the strikers, I would jump in if the timing and money were right.

Thanks for the response. 110 with a Roe is just right for me.
I was all set to get the Roe (as it gets too cold here for the Paxtons) until I saw a couple of QCs in action. 620 wheel (yeah sure). Not when they are running 2.1 60s (same as I am), same 80 in the 1/8th and 4 m.p.h. more on the top end.

I spoke with Joe briefly and he said he is hearing this quite often. I am not asking too much performance wise and I understand what engines need to build torque and horsepower but understanding the specifics to properly calibrate the e.c.u. or piggyback controller is new to me.

Washington isn't that far away from here. I could easily drive there in part of a day.

Last edited:
Bone said:
You haven't been to the track with the right QC yet.
This is definatly true! It's well obvious by the fact i blew my motor that my Roe package wasn't working properly or to it's full potential.. It will be interesting to see what i can accomplish when i have a built motor and a boosted up twin screw.

I'd recommend to get a tuner before using your Roe, it's just like playing with fire using the tune provided.

Oh and that 12.9 pass i did pull a 1.88 in my 60 foot. :D

rottenronnie said:
Thanks for the response. I was all set to get the Roe (as it gets too cold here for the Paxtons) until I saw a couple of QCs in action. 620 wheel (yeah sure). Not when they are running 2.1 60s (same as I am), same 80 in the 1/8th and 4 m.p.h. more on the top end.

I spoke with Joe briefly and he said he is hearing this quite often. I am not asking too much performance wise and I understand what engines need to build torque and horsepower but understanding the specifics to properly calibrate the e.c.u. or piggyback controller is new to me.

Washington isn't that far away from here. I could easily drive there in part of a day.

the roe is not gonna be a 1/4 mile burner unless you thro some NOS at it , it jsut basically cant cut the mustard, it has no intercooler. With the NOS it cools the induction and makes a big difference.
Plus the Roe is more of a bottom end deal, super fun on the street tho.

Deibs said:
This is definatly true! It's well obvious by the fact i blew my motor that my Roe package wasn't working properly or to it's full potential.. It will be interesting to see what i can accomplish when i have a built motor and a boosted up twin screw.

I'd recommend to get a tuner before using your Roe, it's just like playing with fire using the tune provided.

Oh and that 12.9 pass i did pull a 1.88 in my 60 foot. :D

I know :) That was a great launch on the 22s at that particular track.

Was it a spun bearing? The '05/'06 rods are crap apparently :(
I bet you stretched a rod when you hit 7500 r.p.m. in neutral in front of the Macs in Calgary ;)
Look in the yellow pages here for a tuner and it will say: See organs and pianos!

BTW I found my lost 3 m.p.h. Where is jeverett hiding?

Last edited:
Oh last i heard he was off in Drayton Valley pretending he's on that tv show "The Rig". until they found out about his operation and they kicked him off :)

As for the spun bearing i'm 90% sure, but i'm also 100% sure she's going for a rebuild. :D Yeah those free revvings probably did some bad to her,, but it's just sooooo fun. lol!!

You get to the track to find that 3 or just butt dyno? I'll make a trip there with the bike and race ya :) Oh and was that you going North on Hwy 2 by Carstairs on Friday?? I was in the work truck so i couldn't get whosever attention it was.

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back