2013 SRT Viper GTS Launch Edition

Blue Bird

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blue Bird has a new garage mate:

2013-SRT-Viper-GTS[1].jpg

Awesome!! I would love to see a pic with the two together.

Very Cool...

When do you take delivery

Very Cool...

When do you take delivery

Got in in Naples. They tell me 4-6 weeks. I am expecting an email any time now, with the number and a delivery date. These things are hard to get. Almost everyone who is selling one is pre-selling the things. I bought one of the first coupes in 1996. It too was blue with white stripes.

As for how it compares with the ZR1 (remember the Zr1 has 638 hp and the Viper has 640 hp - imagine that!), in a straight line they are pretty much toe-to-toe. On the track, Motor Trend did a back to back test 2013 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 vs. 2013 SRT Viper GTS - Motor Trend and the ZR1 beat the new viper by 2 seconds around Laguna Seca. The driver said the ZR1 was more confidence inspiring and easier to drive at the limits. This is very much my experience with the Vipers and with my ZR1. 2 seconds is pretty much an ass whooping around Leguna Seca. I have raced both bikes and a Viper around that track. I have driven (OK, raced) the ZR1 around the Spring Mountain track - and that was a really neat story!

This being said, I would choose to drive the Viper on almost any day over the ZR1. The ZR1 is really comfortable, a nice smooth ride and, believe it or not, I can get 21 mpg driving it! The Viper (remember, I haven't taken possession of my 2013, yet) gets my blood flowing, makes me want to turn off the radio, and is for me, more fun to drive. Although I like the Viper much more than the ZR1, I would caution the Viper guys not to get cocky with a ZR1. The ZR1's are just as fast and much easier to push to the limits. :cheers:

Awesome!! I would love to see a pic with the two together.

Will do as soon as I have them both together! BTW, where in the world did you get that interior. It is by far the nicest I have seen!!!:drool:

Yea i watch that on car trend i beleive i forget what it was but yea a drag b/t the 2 they crossed finish line same time hp was 3 points diff... torque 2 points different it was cool to watch congrats on your find.. its nice to know we have a member with new viper:rock:

Got in in Naples. They tell me 4-6 weeks. I am expecting an email any time now, with the number and a delivery date. These things are hard to get. Almost everyone who is selling one is pre-selling the things. I bought one of the first coupes in 1996. It too was blue with white stripes.

As for how it compares with the ZR1 (remember the Zr1 has 638 hp and the Viper has 640 hp - imagine that!), in a straight line they are pretty much toe-to-toe. On the track, Motor Trend did a back to back test 2013 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 vs. 2013 SRT Viper GTS - Motor Trend and the ZR1 beat the new viper by 2 seconds around Laguna Seca. The driver said the ZR1 was more confidence inspiring and easier to drive at the limits. This is very much my experience with the Vipers and with my ZR1. 2 seconds is pretty much an ass whooping around Leguna Seca. I have raced both bikes and a Viper around that track. I have driven (OK, raced) the ZR1 around the Spring Mountain track - and that was a really neat story!

This being said, I would choose to drive the Viper on almost any day over the ZR1. The ZR1 is really comfortable, a nice smooth ride and, believe it or not, I can get 21 mpg driving it! The Viper (remember, I haven't taken possession of my 2013, yet) gets my blood flowing, makes me want to turn off the radio, and is for me, more fun to drive. Although I like the Viper much more than the ZR1, I would caution the Viper guys not to get cocky with a ZR1. The ZR1's are just as fast and much easier to push to the limits. :cheers:

I would be crawling out of my skin waiting that long. Very excited for you. I might have to change my logo, move that yellow fever over and put your car next to VCA LOL

Last edited:
Will do as soon as I have them both together! BTW, where in the world did you get that interior. It is by far the nicest I have seen!!!:drool:

It actually isn't my interior. I have an ongoing joke with viperhauler and caveman about the interior. I'm honestly not a big fan of it. :eek:

Awesome, Mike! Are you going to leave it stock or do you plan to modify it? How does it compare to your ZR1?
Leave it stock.....You cant be serious :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:
Pretty sure his ZR1 is stock. His truck was stock the last time he drove it too:chain:

It actually isn't my interior. I have an ongoing joke with viperhauler and caveman about the interior. I'm honestly not a big fan of it. :eek:
Lies! Mike, Andy painted his entire interior with cognac colored spray paint. Don't let him tell you otherwise! :D

Awe, making sense now...

I believe the truck that had that interior was totalled:chain:

Blue bird,

AMAZING! Congrats man thats awesome.

And,

Holy Moly you have quite the corrall of cars!

Pretty sure his ZR1 is stock. His truck was stock the last time he drove it too:chain:

K.i understand why you asked now:reddy::top:

Yes, the ZR1 is stock and will stay that way. My CE is stock for now. The VCA has/is having quite a bit of work done to it. I should have some pictures of the finished product within 90 days.

I know a lot of folks like to keep these limited production vehicles stock, and I certainly understand the reasoning behind that. However, as the saying goes, 'You only live once!' and I like to have my vehicles just the way I like them to drive. I have NO GARAGE QUEENS!

Accordingly, the VCA will be quite modified, but yet, reliable and drivable!:beer::beer::beer:

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back