3rd gear!!!!

BAD-RC

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can any one show me where freakin 3rd gear is!!!!! I'm so agervatted. I could not find it to save my life sunday at the track!!! I screwed up so many good passes. Just how do you run the 1/4 in 13.713 @ only 87.845 mph?????? I let off and was rolling cross the 1/4 because of stupid 3rd gear. My best run of the night was terrible!! It was a 13.520 @ 102.67mph and lost at least a second before I found 3rd.......................... Im so frustrated I could kick the cat. ( I hate the cat)

@ the very least, upgrade your shifter to a used x-metal or a new b&m shifter (i see you have a B&M)......... you may also need the upgraded hydraulics & a centerforce clutch.........
welcome to the money pit. :)

Also make sure your clutch fluid is good to go. If it is even slightly dark change it.

It's the f**king cats fault!!!

Upgrade your hydraulics and consider a new clutch while you are there.

Cruster said:
Sorry you had a rough day. Pretty frustating, but at least you didn't trash the tranny.
Did ya just miss it or are the synchro's holding you back?

Better days!!
I dunno to tell you the truth. I'd try to shift to 3rd and it was like hitting a brick wall!
I did manage to get 2nd in the truck shootout. so I got 50 bucks back and a small trophey. only because of people breakin out though.

FATJACK said:
It's the f**king cats fault!!!

Upgrade your hydraulics and consider a new clutch while you are there.
I do need the hydralics but the cluch is grabbin really good right now for as much as i beat on it. Jack you gotta make a trip up north in the spring to the ky horsepower shootout and show them what a 10 can really do.

BAD-RC said:
I do need the hydralics but the cluch is grabbin really good right now for as much as i beat on it. Jack you gotta make a trip up north in the spring to the ky horsepower shootout and show them what a 10 can really do.
I think Stinker is wanting to make a GTG out of it. I will be there either way.:rock:

DevilDawg3097 said:
Also make sure your clutch fluid is good to go. If it is even slightly dark change it.
I do need to check it out.I know its full but prob. wont to hurt to change it

moparracing said:
@ the very least, upgrade your shifter to a used x-metal or a new b&m shifter (i see you have a B&M)......... you may also need the upgraded hydraulics & a centerforce clutch.........

did they have different versions of the b&m??:dontknow: mine rattles like something mean also

FATJACK said:
I think Stinker is wanting to make a GTG out of it. I will be there either way.:rock:
Jack thats the sport truck shoot out and I can't wait till it come around this year! The ky horsepower shootout comes around 3 times a year and is like a forum track meet. I'm always the only 10 there other than a few viper cars that show up. There were probably 150 vehicles running. The truck class only had 10 trucks in it 1 was a 8 sec truck and 3 10sec trucks 1 11sec truck my 13 sec truckand the rest were 14-16 sec trucks. I'll let you know when we do the spring shootout and see if your intrested

I will be there, let me know.

If your shifter is rattling most likely either the bolts are loose at the tranny or the bolts in the handle have loosend. easy fix.

FATJACK said:
Well don't forget to invite me when all this takes place!!!:D :rock:

FATJACK said:
I will be there, let me know.

If your shifter is rattling most likely either the bolts are loose at the tranny or the bolts in the handle have loosend. easy fix.
had it tore apart at the track in between passes trying to realign. tightened every thing back up and still rattled like a sob around 4k

moparracing said:
BAD-RC said:
did they have different versions of the b&m??:dontknow: mine rattles like something mean also
if your's is rattlin' that bad in 4th, there must be something wrong..... and no, there isn't another version of the b&m..... most polled here think the b&m is quieter than the x-metal (which i have)...... if your shifter isn't loose or defective, i'd look hard @ upgrading the hydraulics & clutch...... i wasn't hitting 3rd consistently @ the track until i did those things i listed......:)

moparracing said:
if your's is rattlin' that bad in 4th, there must be something wrong..... and no, there isn't another version of the b&m..... most polled here think the b&m is quieter than the x-metal (which i have)...... if your shifter isn't loose or defective, i'd look hard @ upgrading the hydraulics & clutch...... i wasn't hitting 3rd consistently @ the track until i did those things i listed......:)
Yeah I'll probably be takin out the wallet to purchase some hydralics this winter

Latest posts

Support Us

Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Back